A new Skype-like feature is being introduced to the networks messenger mobile application, reports Perthnow.com.
Called the ‘free call’ feature, Facebook is currently testing it on American users to phone each other over a wi-fi connection, avoiding carrier call charges.
The service can be availed only by users who have free-call enabled Messenger installed on their iPhone.
Users cannot call friends logged in through website or landline or even other mobile phones.
A Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying that the company is looking to expand the service overseas as well.
Latest jobs available
- Business Process Excellence EngineerSharaf Retail Division ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-25
- Senior AccountantNathan & Nathan ,Sharjah, United Arab Emirates2014-10-25
- SalesExperienced People Est. ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-25
- Sales CoordinatorGulf Power and Marine ,Khobar, Saudi Arabia2014-10-24
- Service ManagerGulf Power and Marine ,Khobar, Saudi Arabia2014-10-24