A new Skype-like feature is being introduced to the networks messenger mobile application, reports Perthnow.com.
Called the ‘free call’ feature, Facebook is currently testing it on American users to phone each other over a wi-fi connection, avoiding carrier call charges.
The service can be availed only by users who have free-call enabled Messenger installed on their iPhone.
Users cannot call friends logged in through website or landline or even other mobile phones.
A Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying that the company is looking to expand the service overseas as well.
Latest jobs available
- Medical StorekeeperThe International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) ,Amman, Jordan2014-11-26
- Sales ConsultantMedia Vision ,Doha, Qatar2014-11-26
- Senior Financial Analyst,Dammam, Saudi Arabia2014-11-26
- Sales Executive - OmanGreen Coast Enterprises ,Muscat, Oman2014-11-26
- Project Design Manager / Senior Healthcare Architect,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-11-26