A new Skype-like feature is being introduced to the networks messenger mobile application, reports Perthnow.com.
Called the ‘free call’ feature, Facebook is currently testing it on American users to phone each other over a wi-fi connection, avoiding carrier call charges.
The service can be availed only by users who have free-call enabled Messenger installed on their iPhone.
Users cannot call friends logged in through website or landline or even other mobile phones.
A Facebook spokesperson was quoted as saying that the company is looking to expand the service overseas as well.
Latest jobs available
- Technical Support Engineer - Cisco,Amman, Jordan2014-12-17
- Accounts Receivable & Billing AccountantDiaverum Arabia Limited ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-12-17
- Senior Technician,Amman, Jordan2014-12-17
- Project Administration ManagerFishhook Selection ,Khobar, Saudi Arabia2014-12-17
- Professor / Associate Professor / Assistant Professor in Human Resources ManagementHamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-12-17