Six people were arrested by Abu Dhabi Police in January for stealing money and jewellery worth about Dh170,000 from four bank customers in the city.
'Flat tyre' costs bank clients Dh170,000
Four bank customers robbed of Dh170,00 in Abu Dhabi in Jan; Six arrested
Three of those arrested were illegal residents of the UAE.
Colonel Rashid Mohammed Borshid, Director of Criminal Investigation in the Abu Dhabi Police, urged bank customers to be careful to avoid theft and fraud.
The robbers were involved in breaking the windows of cars to take the money withdrawn by bank customers.
The victims included a school teacher, an architect, a writer and a driver.
The modus operandi of the gang was to point out a ‘damaged’ tyre to a bank customer. When he bent down to check the ‘damage’, another member of the gang would open the door of the car and run away with the envelope containing money withdrawn from the bank.
Abu Dhabi appealed to bank customers to report suspicious behaviour near banks or ATMs.
Abu Dhabi Police recently launched a media campaign for protection of bank customers.
Latest jobs available
- Sales Manager (f/m) - Food ingredients/flavoursAkras Flavours GmbH ,Saudi Arabia2013-05-23
- Personal AssistantAl Ain Wildlife Park & Resort ,Al Ain, United Arab Emirates2013-05-23
- POS Support EngineerMerge Recruitment ,Dammam, Saudi Arabia2013-05-23
- Sales RepresentativeDarwish & Company Limited ,Doha, Qatar2013-05-23
- MARKETING EXECUTIVE,Amman, Jordan2013-05-23