Six people were arrested by Abu Dhabi Police in January for stealing money and jewellery worth about Dh170,000 from four bank customers in the city.
Three of those arrested were illegal residents of the UAE.
Colonel Rashid Mohammed Borshid, Director of Criminal Investigation in the Abu Dhabi Police, urged bank customers to be careful to avoid theft and fraud.
The robbers were involved in breaking the windows of cars to take the money withdrawn by bank customers.
The victims included a school teacher, an architect, a writer and a driver.
The modus operandi of the gang was to point out a ‘damaged’ tyre to a bank customer. When he bent down to check the ‘damage’, another member of the gang would open the door of the car and run away with the envelope containing money withdrawn from the bank.
Abu Dhabi appealed to bank customers to report suspicious behaviour near banks or ATMs.
Abu Dhabi Police recently launched a media campaign for protection of bank customers.
Latest jobs available
- Assistant Restaurant Manager / Floor ManagerBon Group - The Chocolate Bar ,Kuwait2014-08-20
- Personal Assistant cum Office Manager (Dubai),Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-08-20
- Regional Sales Manager,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-08-20
- Application Support SpecialistRashideen Egypt for Trade Company ,Cairo, Egypt2014-08-20
- Senior Network System EngineerRashideen Egypt for Trade Company ,Cairo, Egypt2014-08-20