An Emirati woman allegedly used her colleague's ID Card to forge applications and obtained 10 mobile phones and ran up bills totalling Dh53,035.
Mobile fraud: Woman in Dubai rings up Dh53k bill
She used her colleague's ID Card to forge applications
The victim - SMY, 30 - a Dubai Airport employee, testified in Dubai Criminal Court that her colleague MJM, 29, had asked for her ID Card to transfer a SIM card to her name.
“I trusted her because she is my friend. So I gave her my card when she said she was having problems with bills. However, after sometime I received etisalat bills on different numbers that I never possessed. Checking with etisalat, I found out that eight numbers have been issued in my name. Confronting the accused, she replied that her sister did that so I asked her to cancel them.
“But instead of cancelling them, she issued two other numbers. That’s when I reported the crime to the police,” she testified.
HIM, 33, an etisalat employee testified 10 SIM cards and mobile phones were issued to the defendant.
MAS, 35, an employee at a Sharjah branch of etisalat testified that the defendant submitted applications by providing an ID belonging to another person.
The accused admitted to forging the applications with the agreement of her sister.
The court will issue the verdict on December 23.
Latest jobs available
- Hydrology EngineersIDS ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-04-23
- Bridge & Tunnel EngineersIDS ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-04-23
- Highway & Traffic EngineersIDS ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-04-23
- Sales Representative / Engineer - Garage Equipment DivisionBakheet Co. For Machinary ,Dammam, Saudi Arabia2014-04-23
- NurseThe Salhiya Medical Pavilion ,Al Kuwait, Kuwait2014-04-23