VIDXB, the region’s first annual gathering celebrating the world of online video and content creators, is opening its doors today at the Dubai World Trade Centre to the delight of fans across the city.
The two-day event organised by the Dubai Film and TV Commission runs from 8-9 December and offers an incredible line-up of international and regional creators, including Casey Neistat, KSI, Conor Maynard, Lele Pons, Anwar Jibawi, Inanna Sarkis, Noor Stars, Nuha Style, Saudi Reporters, Mohamed Al Shehhi, and many more.
Attendees will have a chance to meet their favourite international and regional social media stars during a meet and greet, discover the latest innovations in the online content industry through a programme of panels and talks, and participate in interactive creator workshops.
Jamal Al Sharif, Chairman of Dubai Film and TV Commission said: “Dubai is a city that brings together innovators from across sectors. The organisation of VIDXB, the first event of its kind in the region, reflects the UAE’s support for the growth of creative disciplines and the constant encouragement that its leadership extends for the development of this sector. The UAE offers a conducive environment for discussion and knowledge sharing, which opens the way for new opportunities for growth. This is one of the reasons behind the increasing number of events focused on the creative community in the UAE.”
“Dubai has emerged as a global model for a city of the future and a place where innovation has become a key part of the culture. VIDXB is a unique regional platform that will enhance Dubai’s role in promoting the growth of creative content. Discussions at the event will cover diverse aspects of the sector’s development. I am confident that the event will generate fresh ideas that will open new horizons for the digital content creation landscape.”
The Chairman of Dubai Film and TV Commission, the organiser of the event, said that VIDXB, which takes places from 8th -9th December, attracts prominent regional and global content creators, and paves the way for new era of video content, not only in term of its socio-cultural impact but also as a growing industry with all its economic dimensions, where the event will attract investors in this domain from all over the world.
VIDXB will cover a wide range of industry sectors from lifestyle and beauty to gaming, comedy and E-sports. Attendees will have the chance to gain unique insights during high-profile panel sessions from global media powerhouses Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Vice and Buzzfeed.
Speakers will share insights and experiences with all who are grappling with the disruptive yet opportunity-rich forces of online video. The critical issues for companies and brands that the event will discuss include:
- Monetization: learn from experts how to navigate through the rapidly evolving world of online video monetization, as well as maximising additional revenue opportunities for your company
- Analytics: understand and apply the data behind creators’ posts, including engagement, demographics and insights, to determine your future strategy
- Platform optimization: discover what content is favorable by your target audience and learn how to best use each platform
- Social impact: how to collaborate with creators to drive social awareness and change through powerful content, resulting in building strategic partnerships
- Technology: learn how to utilise innovations on platforms and products that can empower you to tell stories in new and compelling ways, resulting in lasting success for your company
- Network: receive useful tips from digital media executives flying in from LA, New York, London, MENA region and network with the region’s top content creators
Additionally, workshops and panel sessions focusing on the creator community will include:
- Genre-specific content sessions for vloggers, including: travel, food, beauty, gaming, challenge videos, and more
- Creator Fireside Chats: one-on-one conversations with creators to discuss their life and work in detail
- The future of content and what’s coming up next: new ways to consume, new formats, and evolving digital trends
- Platform-specific sessions: brand’s detailing features on their platforms, presentations on launching a new product, or highlighting a specific creator
Also on site to discuss key topics will be US online video streaming service, go90 who will join the industry line-up alongside regional partnership investors Wamda and Multi-Channel Network (MCN) Alfan.
VIDXB will cover a wide range of industry sectors from lifestyle and beauty to gaming, comedy and E-sports. Attendees will have the chance to gain unique insights during high-profile panel sessions from global companies such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Google, Interscope, Go90, Sprinklr and Buzzfeed.
Key executives will be sharing insights and experiences with all who are grappling with the disruptive yet opportunity-rich forces of online video.
Limited tickets are available to purchase at vidxb.ae or at the door. The exhibition opens at 10am, Friday 8 and Saturday 9 December.