Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, tops Vanity Best Dressed list
Sheikha Moza of Qatar on best-dressed list
British royals Kate Middleton and Prince Harry led Vanity Fair's international best-dressed list on Tuesday, following a year in which all eyes have been on Britain's young members of the monarchy.
The newlywed Duchess of Cambridge, 30, will grace the September cover of the magazine's newsstand editions after a year of setting style trends and wowing fashionistas with her mix of designer and high street wardrobe choices.
The women's list acknowledged best-dressed veterans Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser of Qatar and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, as well as first-timer Gucci model Charlotte Casiraghi, who is fourth in line to the Monaco throne.
The Vanity Fair International Best Dressed List
The Vanity Fair best-dressed rundown is voted for by more than 2,000 fashion industry professionals, journalists and taste-makers as well as the best-dressed Hall of Fame members.
1. Duchess of Cambridge, wife of Prince William, British style icon
2. Jessica Chastain, U.S. actress, star of The Help and Coriolanus
3. Bill Cunningham, 83, New York Times street style photographer
4. Léa Seydoux, French actress and model, appeared in Woody Allen's Midnight in Paris
5. Jay-Z, aka Shawn Corey Carter, rapper, songwriter, record producer and husband of Beyoncé
Rapper Jay-Z appeared appeared for the first time in the style rundown, beating wife Beyonce, who failed to make the top 10. "Today" show co-host Matt Lauer and "60 Minutes" correspondent Morley Safer also made it.
6. Colin and Livia Firth, British actor and his Italian producer wife
7.Tom Brady, New England Patriots quarterback, husband of Gisele Bundchen
8. Alicia Keys, U.S. singer-songwriter and actress
9. Fan Bingbing, Chinese actress,singer and producer
10. Morley Safer, Canadian reporter and correspondent for CBS News
11. Michelle Harper, Colombian-born, New York-based brand consultant
12. Richard E Grant, Actor, screenwriter, and director
13. HRH Princess Alexandra of Greece, child-life specialist
14. Carlos Souza, worldwide brand ambassador for Valentino
15. Farida Khelfa, French actress and director, new muse of house of Schiaparelli
16. Eddie Redmayne, British actor, star of My Week With Marilyn
17. Stacey Bendet, founder and designer of fashion label Alice & Olivia
18. Iké Udé, Nigerian-born artist
19. Diane Kruger, German actress and former model
20. Matteo Marzotto, president of fashion label Vionnet
21. Lauren and Andres Santo Domingo, Vogue contributing editor and her beer heir husband
22. Robert Rabensteiner, fashion editor at L’Uomo Vogue
23. Erika Bearman, senior vice president of global communications at Oscar de la Renta
24. Victor Cruz, wide receiver for the New York Giants
25. Ulyana Sergeenko, fashion designer
26. Matt Lauer, Today show co-anchor
27. Stella McCartney, fashion designer, daughter of Sir Paul McCartney
28. Prince Harry, British royal, Apache helicopter pilot
Prince Harry, 27, led the best-dressed men followed by New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, who is married to model Gisele Bundchen. Both the prince and the sports star made their first appearances on the style list.
29. Lizzie Tisch, consultant, wife of Jonathan Tisch
30. Ozwald Boateng, British menswear designer
31. Poppy Delevigne, British model and socialite
32. Jean Pigozzi, entrepreneur, photographer, and art collector
33. Princess Mary of Denmark, wife of Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, mother of four
34. Elettra Wiedemann, model, daughter of Isabella Rossellini
35. Vito Schnabel, son of Julian Schnabel, art dealer
36. Charlotte Casiraghi, Monaco royal, face of Gucci
37. Arki Busson, financier, partner of actress Uma Thurman
38. HH Sheikha Moza Bint Nasser of Qatar, wife of the Emir of Qatar
39. Ginevra Elkann and Giovanni Gaetani dell'Aquila d'Aragona, Italian power couple; she is a producer, he is an entrepreneur
40. HSH Prince Heinrich von und zu Furstenberg, entrepreneur
Oscar-nominated actress Jessica Chastain, who will grace the September cover for subscribers' editions, became a red carpet staple during this year's awards season and made her debut on the best-dressed list for bold fashion choices, including her Alexander McQueen dress at this year's Oscars ceremony.
She was joined by fellow actresses Diane Kruger, Fan Bingbing, Lea Seydoux, model Elettra Wiedemann and musician Alicia Keys.
The full list appears in the Vanity Fair September issue, on sale from Friday, and online at Vanityfair.com