The violators of the entry and residency law who left the country on Tuesday were 38, 505 out of total 61, 826 who turned up so far to the competent authorities to get the departure warrants, according to Major General Nasser Al Awadi Al Menhali, Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of Interior for Naturalisation, Residency and Ports Affairs.
He said at a press conference that the violators had willingly turned themselves up to the authorities so as to benefit from the two-month amnesty issued by the Cabinet.
In accordance with the amnesty, the accumulated fines on the violators were waived ahead of their departure.
Al Menhali said following the expiry of the amnesty on Feb. 04, 1,000 violators were nabbed and the legal measures were being taken against them.
He thanked the ministries, Asian embassies, charity organisations, institutions and media for their positive cooperation with the Naturalisation, Residency and Ports Affairs.