Metro services between the stations Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali were temporarily paused on Monday morning and hundreds of commuters were stranded.
Metro checks halt Marina to Jebel Ali
Service temporarily stopped on Monday for regular safety checks
Around 9am tweets were sent out speculating a shut-down of the Metro after Dubai Marina station.
"The #Dubai metro has shut down towards Jebel Ali. Rashidyah has been delayed, please RT in case anyone needed it to go to work," tweeted @DjDani.
"Dubai Metro heading to Jebel Ali has broken down just after JLT station. Expect delays," wrote @chrisbirks.
Around 1pm RTA tweeted that the Metro services were back to normal.
"We thank you for your feedback and we apologise for Dubai Metro commuters for any inconvenience caused. However, safety is our primary concern and as part of our regular checks and measures we hold commuter Metro services between stations if necessary for a brief period. RTA is providing buses to transport passengers between these stations," it said.
Latest jobs available
- Pre-Sales EngineersNasma Telecommunications LLC ,Muscat, Oman2014-03-11
- Experienced Hair Stylist and Product TrainerRodana International ,Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia2014-03-11
- INVOICE CONTROLLERAli Bin Ali Group ,Doha, Qatar2014-03-11
- Structural Engineer - QatarFishhook Selection ,Doha, Qatar2014-03-11
- *** موظف/موظفة علاقات عامة Public relations officer France ***optimedia qatar ,France2014-03-11