Metro services between the stations Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali were temporarily paused on Monday morning and hundreds of commuters were stranded.
Around 9am tweets were sent out speculating a shut-down of the Metro after Dubai Marina station.
"The #Dubai metro has shut down towards Jebel Ali. Rashidyah has been delayed, please RT in case anyone needed it to go to work," tweeted @DjDani.
"Dubai Metro heading to Jebel Ali has broken down just after JLT station. Expect delays," wrote @chrisbirks.
Around 1pm RTA tweeted that the Metro services were back to normal.
"We thank you for your feedback and we apologise for Dubai Metro commuters for any inconvenience caused. However, safety is our primary concern and as part of our regular checks and measures we hold commuter Metro services between stations if necessary for a brief period. RTA is providing buses to transport passengers between these stations," it said.
Latest jobs available
- Recruitment AdministratorElm Information Security ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-11-27
- Security Operation Center (SOC) ConsultantVersatile Solutions Ltd (Versos) ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-11-27
- Scottish Development International - Food & Beverage In Market SpecialistBritish Embassy ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-27
- Tank Cleaning Division ManagerAxiz Consulting ,Dammam, Saudi Arabia2014-11-27
- Personal Assistant to the Deputy Managing DirectorMEDMARK ,Cairo, Egypt2014-11-27