Metro services between the stations Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali were temporarily paused on Monday morning and hundreds of commuters were stranded.
Around 9am tweets were sent out speculating a shut-down of the Metro after Dubai Marina station.
"The #Dubai metro has shut down towards Jebel Ali. Rashidyah has been delayed, please RT in case anyone needed it to go to work," tweeted @DjDani.
"Dubai Metro heading to Jebel Ali has broken down just after JLT station. Expect delays," wrote @chrisbirks.
Around 1pm RTA tweeted that the Metro services were back to normal.
"We thank you for your feedback and we apologise for Dubai Metro commuters for any inconvenience caused. However, safety is our primary concern and as part of our regular checks and measures we hold commuter Metro services between stations if necessary for a brief period. RTA is providing buses to transport passengers between these stations," it said.
Latest jobs available
- Dental AssistantCity Star Management Consultants ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-30
- Marketing Specialist, Competitive Salary plus Benefits, Dubai, UAEApple Search & Selection ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-30
- Senior Manager – Digital/Social Marketing, AED 28,000 – 35,000 salary plus benefits, Dubai, UAEApple Search & Selection ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-30
- Marketing Manager – Segments, AED 22,000 – 25,000 salary plus benefits, Dubai, UAEApple Search & Selection ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-30
- Marine Documentation Officer - (UAE Based)Emirates Future General Trading ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-10-30