Metro services between the stations Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali were temporarily paused on Monday morning and hundreds of commuters were stranded.
Around 9am tweets were sent out speculating a shut-down of the Metro after Dubai Marina station.
"The #Dubai metro has shut down towards Jebel Ali. Rashidyah has been delayed, please RT in case anyone needed it to go to work," tweeted @DjDani.
"Dubai Metro heading to Jebel Ali has broken down just after JLT station. Expect delays," wrote @chrisbirks.
Around 1pm RTA tweeted that the Metro services were back to normal.
"We thank you for your feedback and we apologise for Dubai Metro commuters for any inconvenience caused. However, safety is our primary concern and as part of our regular checks and measures we hold commuter Metro services between stations if necessary for a brief period. RTA is providing buses to transport passengers between these stations," it said.
Latest jobs available
- Light Vehicle Driver ( Luxury Car ),Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2015-01-26
- Sales ManagerManpower Middle East ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2015-01-26
- Marketing Analyst,Amman, Jordan2015-01-26
- حارس امنشركة اتكو للصناعات الغذائية ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2015-01-26
- Site ROW Permit Coordinator(Saudi nationality only)HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2015-01-26