Metro services between the stations Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali were temporarily paused on Monday morning and hundreds of commuters were stranded.
Around 9am tweets were sent out speculating a shut-down of the Metro after Dubai Marina station.
"The #Dubai metro has shut down towards Jebel Ali. Rashidyah has been delayed, please RT in case anyone needed it to go to work," tweeted @DjDani.
"Dubai Metro heading to Jebel Ali has broken down just after JLT station. Expect delays," wrote @chrisbirks.
Around 1pm RTA tweeted that the Metro services were back to normal.
"We thank you for your feedback and we apologise for Dubai Metro commuters for any inconvenience caused. However, safety is our primary concern and as part of our regular checks and measures we hold commuter Metro services between stations if necessary for a brief period. RTA is providing buses to transport passengers between these stations," it said.
Latest jobs available
- مرشد طلابيAl Maarefa College for Science & Technology ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-25
- SecretaryAl Maarefa College for Science & Technology ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-25
- PLANNING ENGINEER'S,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-25
- Content WriterBPW Global Search ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-25
- Recruitment specialistKawader Manpower ,Doha, Qatar2014-10-25