A government hospital in Abu Dhabi sacked a female nurse more than 20 years of service, justifying its decision to the fact that she does not have a high school degree.
Nurse sacked after 20 years of service
Hospital sacked her as she did not finish High School
Two courts backed the hospital’s decision, promoting the nurse to appeal with the court of cassation, which upheld the sacking decision.
The nurse had filed a case against the hospital, accusing it of taking what she described as an arbitrary decision to sack her more than 20 years of service.
She said she joined the hospital in 1989 according to a contract involving a Dh9,000 salary and that she has recently been informed of the termination of her services.
The unnamed nurse had demanded Dh113,000 damages from the unidentified hospital plus payment for her apartment’s rent since she was sacked and the end of service benefits. The court of cassation ordered the hospital to pay the nurse’s end of service benefits but rejected her other demands, according to Emarat Al Youm daily.
Latest jobs available
- Senior Accountant,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-03-09
- Internal Auditor,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-03-09
- Internal Sales EngineerGrundfos Gulf Distribution ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-03-09
- Sales EngineerConmix Ltd ,Amman, Jordan2014-03-09
- Sales RepresentativeArmada Co. Ltd. ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-03-09