A government hospital in Abu Dhabi sacked a female nurse more than 20 years of service, justifying its decision to the fact that she does not have a high school degree.
Two courts backed the hospital’s decision, promoting the nurse to appeal with the court of cassation, which upheld the sacking decision.
The nurse had filed a case against the hospital, accusing it of taking what she described as an arbitrary decision to sack her more than 20 years of service.
She said she joined the hospital in 1989 according to a contract involving a Dh9,000 salary and that she has recently been informed of the termination of her services.
The unnamed nurse had demanded Dh113,000 damages from the unidentified hospital plus payment for her apartment’s rent since she was sacked and the end of service benefits. The court of cassation ordered the hospital to pay the nurse’s end of service benefits but rejected her other demands, according to Emarat Al Youm daily.
Latest jobs available
- - Salesman - مندوب مبيعات ( جدة - مكة المكرمة - عرعر - الدمام )Basamh Group ,Saudi Arabia2014-11-24
- Pharmacy Sales SupervisorBasamh Group ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-11-24
- Telesales AgentBasamh Group ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-11-24
- - Assistant Accountant -مساعد محاسب ( عرعر - أبها)Basamh Group ,Abha, Saudi Arabia2014-11-24
- CSR Program Manager - ladies sectionBasamh Group ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-11-24