Emirati women account for more than 67 per cent of the UAE employees in the local banking sector and 43 per cent of the total bank jobs, reflecting their strong enthusiasm to join one of the most important economic sectors in the country.
Official data released on Tuesday showed around 15,821 Emirati women are employed in the UAE’s banking sector out of the total 36,700 national and expatriate employees.
“Emirati women now account for 67.2 per cent of the national employees in the banking sector and 43 per cent of the total employees in this sector,” said a report by the Emirates Institute for Banking Studies, carried by the Arabic language daily Alittihad.
The report showed 200 of the Emirati female employees in banks have reached the port of branch manager compared with 66 in 2005, an increase of nearly 203 per cent.
“UAE women have become a significant and influential element in economic and human development in the UAE as they have proved their capability in all sectors,” said Ahmed Humaid Al Tayer, head of the human resources development committee in the banking sector.
The banking sector has been a key target of the UAE government to employ nationals but many Emirati men still prefer the public sector for better allowances and less work hours.
Asians still dominate jobs in the UAE banking sector, the largest in the Arab world. Official figures showed the country’s 23 national banks and 28 foreign units controlled more than Dh1,650 billion in assets at the end of March.
Latest jobs available
- HR Manager (Saudi Nationals)Ejadah Management Consultancy ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2015-02-01
- Sales Executive - Dealer Sales (Open to any national)Ejadah Management Consultancy ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2015-02-01
- Sales Manager - Key Account Sales (Open to any national)Ejadah Management Consultancy ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2015-02-01
- UltrasonographerMediclinic City Hospital ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2015-02-01
- Sales LadyMadame Bijouxx ,Al Kuwait, Kuwait2015-02-01