The President of the UAE, His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, has approved a restructuring of the Federal Government, which aims to prepare the nation to meet its UAE Centennial 2071 strategic development plan. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, announced on Thursday the new cabinet following consultation with His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.
The new reshuffle calls for the creation of new cabinet posts – including a Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence, a Minister of State responsible for Advanced Science and a Minister of State responsible for Food Security.
Some ministries have also seen structural changes, including the Ministry of State for Happiness, to which the Wellbeing portfolio has been added, and the Ministry of State for Higher Education, to which the Advanced Skills portfolio has been added. The Ministry of Energy adds the promotion of industry, as the Ministry of Energy and Industry.
Announcing the reshuffle, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum said that "After our annual meetings, and to meet our future goals, Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed and I announce our new Cabinet Members."
Speaking about the future vision, he added: "We usher in a new phase for the UAE, enriched with science and technology; we seek to build the future for many more generations to come."
"Omar Al Olama will be Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence. At 27, Omar led the World Government Summit and the UAE AI Strategy," he said. "Artificial Intelligence is the next major revolution of our times – our goal is to be one of the most advanced countries in this regard."
He added, "Sarah Al Amiri, 30, will be the Minister of State responsible for Advanced Sciences, overseeing research and scientific development (R&D) in the UAE."
He pointed out that "Sarah is also responsible for the Emirates Scientists Council, and is heading the UAE’s mission to reach Mars; she is an asset to our future."
H.H. Sheikh Mohammed also announced, "Mariam Almheiri will be Minister of State responsible for our Future Food Security, developed through research, planning and technology."
Within the framework of some structural changes that have taken place in a number of ministries, he said, "Mariam Almheiri will be Minister of State responsible for our Food Security, developed through research, planning and technology". He added that "Minister of State for Higher Education Ahmad Belhoul will also be responsible for Advanced Skills, supporting lifelong learning". He added: "He will be entrusted to equip future cadres with knowledge. His new title will be Minister of State for Higher Education and Advanced Skills. He will also be the Chairman of the Federal Authority for Government Human Resources, ensuring our preparedness for future advancements."
He also announced, "Nasser Al Hamli will be the Minister of Human Resources and Emiratisation; we have a great journey ahead of us in this regard," and "Hessa Buhumaid will be Minister of Community Development, focusing on social cohesion throughout the UAE."
Continuing, he announced, "Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak will be the Minister of Tolerance. He is an honourable Emirati, popular throughout local and global communities," and "Noura Al Kaabi will be Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development. Her media and culture fluency will complement Nahyan’s role."
His Highness also said, "Zaki Nusseibeh, who lived through, and supported, the UAE’s development alongside Sheikh Zayed, will be Minister of State," and "Suhail Al Mazroui will now also be responsible for the UAE’s continued industrial advancement as Minister of Energy and Industry."
He continued, "In addition to his current duties, Abdul Rahman Al Owais will be Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs," and "Abdulla bin Touq was appointed Secretary General of the UAE Cabinet. A graduate of leadership programmes, he is an important team member."
His Highness added, "We give a heartfelt thank-you to Saqr Ghobash, who devoted four decades to serving our country; the people of the UAE appreciate you. We also thank wholeheartedly Lubna Al Qasimi, who proudly and honourably represented the UAE, and Emirati women, around the world. Thank you also to Rashid bin Fahad and Najla Al Awar, for their dedication and service."
"And thank-you to the former Secretary General of the UAE Cabinet, Abdulla Al Basti; he is a member of my team, with a great new mission in Dubai. The new UAE government is part of the UAE Centennial 2071 mission to focus on science and research, empower the youth and embrace our future." He concluded.
The new full UAE Federal Cabinet is:
1. His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister, Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Defence
2. H.H. Lieutenant General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior
3. H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs
4. H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Minister of Finance
5. H.H. Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation
6. Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister for Tolerance
7. Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Gergawi, Minister of Cabinet Affairs and The Future
8. Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri, Minister of Economy
9. Abdulrahman bin Mohamed Al Owais, Minister of Health and Prevention and Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs
10. Dr. Anwar bin Mohammed Gargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
11. Obaid bin Humaid Al Tayer, Minister of State for Financial Affairs
12. Reem bint Ebrahim Al Hashimy, Minister of State for International Cooperation
13. Suhail bin Mohammed Faraj Faris Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Industry
14. Hussain bin Ibrahim Al Hammadi, Minister of Education
15. Dr. Abdullah bin Mohammed Belhaif Al Nuaimi, Minister of Infrastructure Development
16. Sultan bin Saeed Al Badi, Minister of Justice
17. Mohammed bin Ahmad Al Bawardi, Minister of State for Defence Affairs
18. Noura bint Mohammed Al Kaabi, Minister of Culture and Knowledge Development
19. Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of Climate Change and Environment
20. Nasser bin Thani Al Hamli, Minister of Human Resources and Emiratisation
21. Hessa Essa Buhumaid, Minister of Community Development
22. Jameela Al Muheiri, Minister of State for Public Education
23. Dr. Ahmad bin Abdullah Humaid Belhoul Al Falasi, Cabinet Member and Minister of State for Higher Education and Advanced Skills
24. Dr. Sultan bin Ahmad Sultan Al Jaber, Minister of State
25. Dr. Maitha bint Salem Al Shamsi, Minister of State
26. Ohoud bint Khalfan Al Roumi, Minister of State for Happiness and Wellbeing
27. Shamma bint Suhail Faris Al Mazrui, Minister of State for Youth Affairs
28. Zaki Anwar Nusseibeh, Minister of State
29. Mariam Hareb Almheiri, Minister of State
30. Sarah bin Yousef Al Amiri,Minister of State
31. Omar bin Sultan Al Olama, Minister of State for Artificial Intelligence