Lebanon says two workers kidnapped in Nigeria

Two Lebanese were among six workers kidnapped by gunmen at a Lebanese-owned construction site in northern Nigeria, a government source said on Sunday.

"Two Lebanese working for the Setraco construction company were abducted," the official told AFP on condition of anonymity. Those abducted also included an Italian, according to the country's foreign minister in Rome.

Nigerian state police chief Mohammed Ladan reported the incident late on Saturday, saying that unknown gunmen had killed a security guard at the site in Jama'are town in Bauchi State before making off with six company staff.

The same gunmen had earlier attacked the prison km from the state capital Bauchi city, but were repelled, Ladan added.

Setraco Nigeria, a construction and civil engineering company, is a subsidiary of Setraco International Holding group.

The Nigerian company, which was established in 1977, is currently working on expanding a major road in the north of the country.

 

Print
  • Twitter
  • submit to reddit
comments powered by Disqus

Videos

Follow
Emirates 24|7

Follow
Emirates 24|7
Pinterest Facebook Facebook Twitter RSS

Most Popular in News

Latest jobs available

More jobs on Emirates 24|7

In Case You Missed It ...