A Saudi court sentenced a local mother of four to five days in jail and ordered her lashed 10 times for marrying a Syrian man without getting official approval in violation of Saudi laws governing mixed-marriages, press reports said on Thursday.
The court in the western Red Sea port of Jeddah also handed down the same sentence to the woman’s ex-husband and ordered him to pay her SR1,600 as alimony every month, the Arabic language daily Almadina said.
Muna Mohammed Ladan said she married that man in 2005 and had two children from him before she filed for a divorce for mistreatment.
In 2008, she remarried him after he assured her that he had changed and that he would not abuse her again. They had two other children but she filed for a divorce again last week on the grounds he started to be abusive.
“I have appealed the sentence and I hope the court will abolish that sentence for the sake of my children,” Ladan said.
Latest jobs available
- PreSchool Early Years SupervisorWorldwide Kids Company ,Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia2014-10-01
- Marketing ManagerLM-A Dubai ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-01
- On line home delivery driverThe Sultan Center ,Al Farawaniyah, Kuwait2014-10-01
- Delivery Driver -Food and BeverageSomewhere Hotel Apartment ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-10-01
- Store Manager for High End Fashion Brand,Doha, Qatar2014-10-01