Update: The body of an Indian-born nurse found dead after taking a hoax call to the hospital treating Prince William's wife was due to arrive in Mangalore on Sunday following a mass in her memory held in London.
Police in Mangalore, near Shirva town, where Saldanha's family plan to hold her funeral on Monday, told AFP the body would be accompanied by the nurse's husband, Benedict Barboza, 49, and the children.
"Jacintha's body is expected to arrive in Mangalore on Sunday afternoon," Mangalore police commissioner Manish Kardikar told AFP.
William Menezes, spokesman for the diocese of Mangalore, told AFP the funeral would take place on Monday at 4:00pm (1030 GMT) in Shirva and police said as many as 5,000 people were expected to attend.
According to a report in the Daily Mail quoting sources close to the family, Jacintha Saldanha left three suicide notes.
One told the two DJs behind the prank they were responsible for her death,
According to the report, one of the DJs telephoned the hospital back within an hour of the call and spoke to Saldanha again, telling her they had played a prank which they were about to broadcast.
This is said to have left her confused and agitated.
DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian are believed to be at safe addresses following death threats and have apologised for the tragic repercussions of their prank.
The Daily Mail report also speaks about a one-page letter in which Saldanha criticised 'aspects of the hospital staff', and singled out two individuals for blame.
The report says she may have been reprimanded by colleagues by email.
Meanwhile, the children of a nurse found hanged after she was duped by a hoax phone call to the hospital treating Prince William's wife Catherine told a mass in her memory Saturday her death left "an unfillable void".
Indian-born Jacintha Saldanha, 46, apparently killed herself in nurses' accommodation at King Edward VII's Hospital in London last week.
She had taken a call from two Australian radio DJs posing as Queen Elizabeth II and William's father Prince Charles, which led to details of Catherine's severe morning sickness being made public.
In a joint tribute read out on their behalf during the mass at Westminster Cathedral, the nurse's daughter Lisha, 14, and son Junal, 16, said: "We are shattered and there's an unfillable void in our lives.
"The house is an empty dwelling without your presence," they added.
"You worked tirelessly to give us everything that we have today."
A relative of the family said after the service that the funeral would take place in the nurse's home town of Shirva in southwest India on Monday.
Her husband Benedict Barboza, 49, held hands with the couple's two children as they arrived for the mass at the cathedral, the main Catholic church in England.
In his tribute, the nurse's husband said: "You were the light in my darkness, you always showed me the way forward. I feel part of me has been ripped out.
"Nineteen years of togetherness with a strong bond of affection and understanding will be cherished forever in my life. Your loss is a very painful one and nobody can take that place in my life ever again.
I love you and miss you forever."
The family had also attended a candlelit vigil in Bristol, the city where they live in southwest England, on Friday.
After it emerged that Saldanha had left three notes, one of which reportedly criticised the hospital, its chief executive John Lofthouse said the nurse was reassured on a number of occasions by senior management after the hoax.
Writing in reply to Keith Vaz, a British lawmaker who has helped to comfort the family, Lofthouse said Saldanha was the victim of a "cruel trick" and senior staff did not blame her and offered her time off and counselling.
"Following the hoax call, Jacintha was reassured on a number of occasions by senior management that no blame was attached to her actions and that there were no disciplinary issues involved, because she had been the victim of a cruel trick," Lofthouse wrote.
Australian police said Thursday that death threats have been made against Michael Christian and Mel Greig, the DJs from Sydney's 2Day FM radio station who made the hoax call.
The presenters, who have been undergoing counselling, remain off air and have not been seen in public since making tearful apologies in a television interview on Monday.