The so called allegations in their footage of the entire Channel Four episode on the last stages of war in Sri Lanka, is fabricated and the government completely denies and rejects the, Mass Media and Information Minister Keheliya Rambukwella said.
The ‘Daily News’ reported that the minister was addressing the Cabinet press briefing yesterday at the Ministry Auditorium.
This is an organised agenda of pro-LTTE diaspora to tarnish the image of the country by releasing of this kind of sensational footages on the verge of the UNHRC sessions in Geneva, the minister said.
He questioned that without releasing it soon after the war, why the Channel Four to 3 to 4 years to come up with this documentary.
The minister said, observing the pattern, that the next doctored documentary of the Channel Four on the war in Sri Lanka to be released just before the next UNHRC sessions next year could be easily predicted.
He requested that the content of the footage should be critically analyzed as the government on earlier occasions had challenged them.
He stressed that the former army commander and security forces had plainly rejected these claims which had been directed at the entire security establishments, adding that, a technical analysis on Channel Four’s latest documentary on Sri Lanka is now in progress.
He further said that the government is strategically working to meet with challenges and face any situation at the UNHRC successfully, and that the government has taken a decision to send only a team comprising officials to the Geneva session.
Latest jobs available
- Regional Head of Contracting (MENA)JacTravel ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-08-21
- Human Resources Recruitment Officer – Teaching CentreBritish Council Egypt ,Cairo, Egypt2014-08-21
- Respiratory TherapistNew Jeddah Hospital - مستشفى جدة الوطني الجديد ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-08-21
- Radiology TechnicianNew Jeddah Hospital - مستشفى جدة الوطني الجديد ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-08-21
- Clinical Laboratory Technologist INew Jeddah Hospital - مستشفى جدة الوطني الجديد ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-08-21