A financially-strapped father of three in Katukeley, Kandy, consumed poison and administered the same to his children, killing then, reports Mowbima.
The deceased, Sriniwasan Udayan, living in a rented house with his family was working as a jewellery technician. His elder son, 14, was studying in an international school; the second son, in a Tamil government school; and the youngest in a nearby pre-school.
Unable to meet monthly expense, he had collected huge loans. Despite the debt, he believed in educating his children in the best of schools.
Unfortunately Udayan stood guarantor for a friend who bought a car on loan. That friend defaulted on the monthly payments and had also sold parts of the car before fleeing and Udayan was left with the burden to clear the loam, too.
“If I live any longer, the people who gave me loans will come in search of me. They will sue me, but if I commit suicide, all my worries will end,” he had said, say sources.
On 8 February, when his wife went out to buy grocery, he sent his eldest son along.
After they left, he wrote a letter to his wife and elder son, which read: “Son, Udaya Kumar, look after your mother well. I am saying goodbye to both of you along with your younger brothers forever.”
He had kept the letter on the table and then mixed poison in soft drinks and made the two younger kids drink it and then he also consumed the potion.
When his wife and older son returned they saw the three struggle and raised cries, it is reported. Neighbours rushed them to hospital but could not be saved.
The Anti-Crime Unit of Kandy Police have concluded the wife and older son are not guilty of any wrong doing.
Latest jobs available
- Business Operations Manager - GamingHUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-08-30
- Hosting Business Operation ManagerHUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES ,Saudi Arabia2014-08-30
- Business Development ManagerGulf Casting Agency ,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-08-30
- Recruitment ExecutiveRoyal Group Companies Management- LLC ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-08-30
- Sales Account ManagerMEDVista GCC ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-08-30