Some 20,000 people took to the streets of Manchester in northwest England Sunday protesting against the government's austerity measures in attempts to cut the deficit.
The march took place as Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservative party opened its annual autumn party conference.
Left-wing activists and students teamed up with union members to take part in the rally for "The Alternative". They say the coalition government's cuts to public spending and tax hikes are slowing economic growth and stiffling jobs.
Latest jobs available
- Manufacturing Team LeaderFocus International ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-11-21
- Call Center AgentsReach Group ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-11-21
- HSE TrainerReach Group ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-11-21
- سكرتير تنفيذيKabli Holding Co ,Jeddah , Saudi Arabia2014-11-21
- Planning EngineerQS Quest Ltd ,Jizan, Saudi Arabia2014-11-21