Some 20,000 people took to the streets of Manchester in northwest England Sunday protesting against the government's austerity measures in attempts to cut the deficit.
The march took place as Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservative party opened its annual autumn party conference.
Left-wing activists and students teamed up with union members to take part in the rally for "The Alternative". They say the coalition government's cuts to public spending and tax hikes are slowing economic growth and stiffling jobs.
Latest jobs available
- ANESTHESIA REGISTRAR,Kuwait2014-10-21
- Sales Engineer,Riyadh, Saudi Arabia2014-10-21
- Tax SpecialistSadara Chemical Company ,Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia2014-10-21
- Business Administrator - ITAlghanim Industries ,Kuwait2014-10-21
- REGISTERED NURSE (L &D, OBYNE.PEDIATRIC)Burjeel Hospital ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-10-21