Some 20,000 people took to the streets of Manchester in northwest England Sunday protesting against the government's austerity measures in attempts to cut the deficit.
The march took place as Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservative party opened its annual autumn party conference.
Left-wing activists and students teamed up with union members to take part in the rally for "The Alternative". They say the coalition government's cuts to public spending and tax hikes are slowing economic growth and stiffling jobs.
UK austerity protests
Latest jobs available
- Senior Civil Project EngineerTAWEELAH ALUMINIUM EXTRUSION CO LLC - TALEX ,Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates2014-04-21
- Treasury & Accounting Expert - Public Sector ExperienceReed Specialist Recruitment ,Doha, Qatar2014-04-21
- Audit Expert - Public Sector ExperienceReed Specialist Recruitment ,Doha, Qatar2014-04-21
- Senior Project Manager,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2014-04-21
- Assistant Marketing ManagerS.O.S. HR Solutions ,Al Kuwait, Kuwait2014-04-21