WASHINGTON: The mother of a teenager who was repeatedly bullied at school decided to take steps to stop the bullies in their track once and for all. She sent her 17-year-old son to school with a stun gun.
According to news reports, she is ready to do the same thing all over again even though her son faces possible expulsion.
She claims that the school administration did not do anything to stop the others from bullying her son. The mother felt she had no other choice and she only wanted to protect her boy.
The teenager had been having a rough time at the technical school in Indianapolis for more than six months when the mother decided on a shocking course of action.
The bullies disappeared from the scene when the boy took his stun-gun out. He claims he was forced to take the gun to school as he did not feel safe.
Man stabs PC in child porn raid
US: A man who allegedly downloaded scores of child pornographic files used a Samurai sword to rip through his computer in a bid to stop the federal agents from accessing his stored files.
The 21-year-old man could face up to 20 years behind bars for downloading disgusting content over the internet, reveals a news website.
The incident occurred in Palm Coast when the agents received a tip-off and they went to raid the man's house. When nobody answered the door, the agents went in by force. The man came out of his room with his hands raised. When he saw the agents, he quickly went back to his room and shut the door behind him.
When the agents followed him in, they saw him stabbing his computer many times with the sword. He was taken into custody immediately.
Neighbour shows porn clip to girl, 11
MUMBAI: A man, 30, had the audacity to show an 11-year-old girl adult content. The man who worked as a waiter in a restaurant lived in the girl's neighbourhood.
The girl spilled the beans and told her uncle that her neighbour had taken her to a secluded place and shown her porn clippings, reports The Times of India. The uncle confronted the waiter and pressed charges against him at a nearby police station.
The man was arrested on charges of exposing adult content through a mobile phone to a minor girl.
Man makes amends for stealing plants - in 1958
NASHVILLE: No matter how much digging investigators did, the crime remained open until a thief turned himself in and returned the fruits of his theft.
In this case, the crime was stealing two hydrangeas in May 1958 from Centennial Park in Nashville.
And the thief, 72-year-old Bill Teitleff of Joy, Kentucky, returned plants from the root system of the purloined flowers to the park on Thursday.
Teitliff told WSMV-TV in Nashville he took the flowering plant because he didn't have enough money at the time to buy a Mother's Day gift for his mother.
At the time of the theft, Teitleff was 18 years old and just married.
Eventually, Teitleff decided he didn't like how it felt.
Teitleff says he can now walk through Centennial Park without feeling guilty. (AP)
Tragic: Baby born with stunted intestines dies
ROMANIA: A Romanian baby born with virtually no intestines who confounded doctors by tenaciously clinging to life and captured international attention and offers of medical help, died on Thursday. He was nine months old.
In April, following an Associated Press article, people in Europe and the United States began offering funds and medical expertise to help Baby Andrei get a complicated intestine transplant and discussions about arranging the procedure were ongoing.
But Dr. Catalin Cirstoveanu, the Romanian pediatrician in charge of the baby's care, said the attempts were too slow for the boy, who spent most of his life in the intensive care unit of the Marie Curie Hospital in Bucharest. Andrei's condition deteriorated after an operation 10 days ago, the doctor said.
"He fought for nine months, but it was too late for him," said his mother Cristina Mistreanu, 15. "We hoped a lot that the doctors would come from the US to operate on him, but now there is no hope left."
Andrei's alert gaze and keen interest in the world around him appeared at odds with his frail, shrunken frame of just 2.8 kilograms (6.16 pounds). He grew less than one kilogram (2.2 pounds) since being born premature on July 27 in the small town of Tecuci to teen age Roma parents.
Cirstoveanu warned that the baby needed a transplant imminently. As his health was declining in recent days, Andrei had the surgery on his 10 centimeters (4 inches) long intestines. A baby of his age normally has three meters (yards).
"He was no longer vivacious; he was apathetic; he got an infection; there were complications," he said. "It was impossible to tie the intestine and he couldn't eat. His liver was damaged."
Cirstoveanu had been in discussions with doctors in the US to get Andrei a transplant, coordinating with Elaine McEwen, who heads Nobody's Children, a charity that has brought over children from Romania, Bosnia and Venezuela for surgery not available in their home countries.
Those who cared for Andrei in his short life said he was an inspiration.
"I will use this experience," Cirstoveanu said. "Andrei was a teacher for us, for this kind of complicated surgery."
"He had such a fighting spirit," McEwen said by phone from Windham, New Hampshire. "Andrei's life was not in vain. Something good will come out of this." (AP)
Fourty-nine bodies dumped on highway
MEXICO: Forty-nine bodies, at least some of them mutilated, were found on Sunday dumped on a highway connecting the northern Mexican metropolis of Monterrey to the US border, officials said.
A law enforcement official said the bodies of 43 men and six women were found in the town of San Juan on the non-toll highway to the border city of Reynosa at about 4 am (0900 GMT), but officials were still investigating.
Authorities closed off the highway, blocking the way for hundreds of motorists, as federal and state police, joined by Mexican troops, sealed off the scene.
The law enforcement official asked that his name not be used because he was not authorised to release the information. The details, however, match reports in Mexican news media.
The discovery echoes several other recent cases in which drug gangs have left bodies scattered in public places as warnings to rivals.
Thirty-five bodies were left at a freeway overpass in the city of Veracruz in September. Twenty-six were found in November in Guadalajara. So far this month, 23 bodies were found dumped or hanging in the city of Nuevo Laredo and 18 were found along a highway south of Guadalajara. (AP)
Yahoo CEO of fake degree fame, to step down
US: Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson will reportedly step down Sunday amid controversy over mentions of a computer science degree on his resume and in regulatory filings, which he never received.
The Wall Street Journal's technology blog AllThings D cited "multiple" unnamed sources close to the situation in reporting that the internet giant will say Thompson is stepping down for personal reasons and will appoint another executive as interim CEO.
The board also will appoint three new members and select a new chairman on Sunday, the Journal reported.
A Yahoo Inc. spokeswoman did not immediately return a call for comment.
The Associated Press previously reported that Thompson told his colleagues that he didn't supply the incorrect information.
The Journal said Sunday that the Chicago headhunting firm, Heidrick & Struggles, which Thompson blamed for the bogus information, has denied the claim in an internal memo. Officials from Heidrick & Struggles didn't immediately return calls for comment.
The Journal said Yahoo's board will appoint the company's global media head, Ross Levinsohn, as interim CEO.
The incoming board members reportedly to be selected Sunday are three of those nominated by Daniel Loeb, an activist shareholder and manager of hedge fund Third Point.
Loeb discovered the resume discrepancy and has demanded that Thompson be fired.
The flap over Thompson's incorrect bio earlier claimed its first casualty - Patti Hart, the Yahoo director who oversaw the search that culminated in his hiring. Hart is to step down at Yahoo's still-unscheduled annual meeting later this year. (AP)
Investor threatens to kill compatriot over complaint
A Chinese investor threatened to kill his fellow citizen if he did not withdraw the charges the latter had filed against him.
The Dubai Criminal court heard allegations against 40-year-old SJH who is also accused of illegally using telecom services to harass the victim.
MAW was with two other friends when SJH called him up threatening to murder him and his family back in China if he did not withdraw the complaint. AM and JY testified, who heard the whole conversation over the speaker.
The court has adjourned the case to June 3.