Lottery winning brothers 'accidently' blow up house

One lands up in hospital with burns, the other in jail

Two brothers who celebrated a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by buying marijuana and meth then accidentally blew up their house.

The explosion sent one of the brothers to hospital with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.

The other brother was sent to jail, The Wichita Eagle reports.

The brothers were in a Wichita house on Friday night  when one went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied two large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.

“The butane vapour reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,”  said Sgt Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department.
The victim was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion.

Print
  • Twitter
  • submit to reddit
comments powered by Disqus

Videos

Follow
Emirates 24|7

Follow
Emirates 24|7
Pinterest Facebook Facebook Twitter RSS

Latest jobs available

More jobs on Emirates 24|7

In Case You Missed It ...