A bus has veered off a mountain road and plunged into a river in western Nepal, killing at least 13 people and leaving 19 others critically injured.
Bus veers off mountain road, plunges into river,13 killed
Police official Binod Ghimire says the bus veered off a road near Dhasrathpur village and rolled 50 meters (160 feet) before plunging into the Gam river Friday morning. The area is about 400 kilometers (250 miles) northwest of the capital, Katmandu.
Police and army personnel were helping rescue efforts, but details were sketchy.
Traffic accidents are common in Nepal, and are generally blamed on poorly maintained roads and vehicles.
Latest jobs available
- R&D Food Technologist,Cairo, Egypt2013-06-19
- LEAD ENGINEER/ SENIOR: INDUSTRIAL WATER NETWORK - Leading multinational company - All Nationalities,Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia2013-06-19
- SUPERINTENDENT REVERSE OSMOSIS - Leading multinational Water company - All Nationalities,Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia2013-06-19
- Maintenance Department ManagerThe Group Securities ,Doha, Qatar2013-06-19
- F&B SpecialistHMM INTL DMCC ,Dubai, United Arab Emirates2013-06-19