A bus has veered off a mountain road and plunged into a river in western Nepal, killing at least 13 people and leaving 19 others critically injured.
Police official Binod Ghimire says the bus veered off a road near Dhasrathpur village and rolled 50 meters (160 feet) before plunging into the Gam river Friday morning. The area is about 400 kilometers (250 miles) northwest of the capital, Katmandu.
Police and army personnel were helping rescue efforts, but details were sketchy.
Traffic accidents are common in Nepal, and are generally blamed on poorly maintained roads and vehicles.
Latest jobs available
- Plant Manager,Doha, Qatar2014-12-17
- IT Project Manager,Beirut, Lebanon2014-12-17
- Category Manager (AngoAlissar)-Angola -AfricaIncoserv SAL (Offshore) ,Angola2014-12-17
- Deputy General Manager -Baluarte (Paint Industry)-Angola-AfricaIncoserv SAL (Offshore) ,Angola2014-12-17
- Senior Brand Manager-AngoAlissar-Angola-AfricaIncoserv SAL (Offshore) ,Angola2014-12-17