Luka Modric has returned to training with Tottenham, the Barclays Premier League club have confirmed.
Modric, a target for Real Madrid, is desperate to force through a summer move and has angered Spurs by going on strike.
But a statement on the club's official website on Monday night read: "The club can confirm Luka Modric has returned to training today at Spurs Lodge. The coaching staff will now determine the remainder of his pre-season preparation."
Modric has stated his desire to leave the north London club this summer, having remained faithful to them last season after widespread interest - including from Chelsea, then managed by current Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.
Earlier, Villas-Boas launched a fresh attack on Luka Modric after branding the Tottenham midfielder as unprofessional following his summer revolt.
The Croatian has been hit with an £80,000 ($124,000) fine for refusing to train and missing the club's pre-season tour of America, where they play a friendly against LA Galaxy on Tuesday and the New York Red Bulls on July 31.
And with Spurs refusing to move on their £40 million ($62 million) asking price, new Tottenham boss Villas-Boas has condemned Modric's stance.
"We understand this type of player revolt is nothing new," said the Portuguese coach. "But the club has to protect themselves. We have to hold onto our values and rights.
"Last year he behaved professionally. Unfortunately this is the first time Luka has taken these actions.
"The situation as it stands is he is under club discipline for not being present.
"We don't know what advice he is receiving. As far as I know he is back in London.
"There is a sense of respect for what he has done, but the chairman feels that the fact he is not present is not common professional behaviour.
"Hopefully this situation will be solved in two ways - that the clubs interested meet the demands of Tottenham regarding his value or the player continues to club duty.
"Hopefully this won't drag on too long as it doesn't help Luka or us."
Meanwhile, Tottenham have been dealt a further blow after it emerged Scott Parker is set to miss the start of the new season.
Parker is poised to undergo an Achilles injury that will him out for six weeks.
He will miss England's friendly with Italy next month and is a major doubt for opening two World Cup qualifiers against Moldova and Ukraine in Septmeber.
"We think there might be a small tear on his Achilles," said Villas-Boas.
"We are evaluating the situation at the moment - with regards to an operation, which would take four to six weeks to heal.
"It is a situation that also depends on our ability to have the player in surgery as quickly as possible. That's what we are trying to work on.
"It's a difficult one because players react differently to different types of surgeon.
"Scotty prefers to be seen by a Professor Harrison, so we have to wait to see whether we can all get it together as quickly as possible.
"If that's the case hopefully we will be able to get the Achilles open and see the extent of the injury."