- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 04:52 06:05 12:13 15:36 18:15 19:28
The counting phase of the Sharjah Census 2015 has been completed, it was announced today by the Higher Committee.
Executed by the Department of Statistics and Community Development (DSCD) in Sharjah, the Sharjah census has collected data from families and individuals residing in the emirate. The Committee state that checking the data and the records will commence on 9th January in order to validate their accuracy.
The data gathered during the census stage will be examined against the personal data of all individuals and families, such as their ID number, date of birth, and other aspects under focus.
The data will then be entered into a unified electronic system to be validated and the preliminary results will be announced at the end of January.
Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdullah Al Thani, Chairman of the Higher Committee for Sharjah Census 2015 and Chairman of DSCD, said that from January 9th until the end of the month the results will be checked and validated against records of Sharjah’s residents collected through field visits or through self-counting (iCensus). The data will then be sent to His Highness Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, for final approval.
Sheikh Mohammed Al Thani stated that data check and editing phase will include reviewing the records of residents and completing the records of the individuals who did not register because they were either abroad, in another emirate, or had been preoccupied with work during the data collection stage. Their data and records will be revisited and registered during the data checking stage.
Up to 97% of the population was covered by the census and according to Sheikh Mohammed Al Thani, the counting process will continue for the remaining 3% by allowing individuals and families who were not present in their homes during the census period to register during the data check and editing phase. He added that the date and time for this will be announced soon.
Researchers visited those who were not at home the first time, three times over three consecutive days at different times, leaving a note requesting they get in touch with the relevant researcher.
"I’d like to invite all Sharjah residents to cooperate with census teams when they receive a call to verify certain data and complete missing entries. Alternatively they can use the call center’s number on 092 083 333 to complete the process," said Al Thani.
Abdullah Al Kadeed, Director of Census Operations expressed his appreciation for the citizens and residents of the emirate who showed great support and cooperation for the process, adding that many visited the 25 supervisory centers in Sharjah for data collection, in addition to the large number of families who had a great sense of responsibility towards the nation and were seeking to contribute to its development through their participation.
Abdullah Al Kadeed said that there had been some challenges but none that couldn’t be overcome. He said, "There were some challenges that faced the teams during the data collection stage, but most were simple and immediately addressed. The challenges were limited to individuals who did not want to cooperate with researchers, but the issue was addressed by forming a special team to handle these exceptional cases."
In February, His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council and Ruler of Sharjah, issued an Emiri decree No.7 of 2015 on conducting a general census of the population, infrastructure, housing and establishments in Sharjah. The census aims to provide accurate statistical data on economic, social and demographic sectors, and others in the Emirate of Sharjah.
The Sharjah Department of Statistics and Community Development is the only authorized statistical body in the emirate and the source of official statistical data, as well as the body mandated with all community development related policies and plans. It is a corporate body with full legal capacity to carry out and direct all works and necessary actions to achieve its objectives.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.