Four kidnapped compatriot and forced him to transfer Dh17,000

Four Bangladeshis allegedly kidnapped and confined a compatriot and forced him to transfer Dh17,000 to a brother of one of the culprits, the Dubai Criminal Court heard.

ASH, 39, welder, JMK, 29, driver, AZM, 26, driver, ARK, 48, worker, lured FSM, 32, businessman, to Al Quoz area where they confined him in a labour accommodation and took him to Sharjah where they threatened to kill him, confined him for two days and asked him to transfer Dh17,000 to ASH’s brother in Bangladesh. The four are also accused of robbing Dh3,000 from the victim after beating him up.

The victim testified that while he was in Al Barsha area on Juanuary 20 he received a call at around 3pm from ASH asking him to come to Grand Mall in Al Quoz. ASH came to the mall accompanied by JMK, AZM and ARK.

“After having tea, ASH and his friends took me to a labour camp where he ordered me to ask my family in Australia to send money for him.  When I refused and said I will call the police, they all jumped on me and threatened to kill me and throw my body in a garbage bin.

“At 11pm they took me to the roof of the labour camp and threatened to throw me down if I shouted for help. Then they took me down into the labour camp and made me sit on a chair the whole night in a corridor in such a way that other labourers in the camp could not see me or them.

“At around 5am, I asked them to give me a phone so that I can arrange the money.  The gave me a phone and I asked my friend Qedratulmula and asked him to arrange 400,0000 Bangaldesh taka, equal to Dh17,000.

“They talked to my friend and asked him to bring the money to Al Musaffah in Abu Dhabi. Then they robbed Dh3,000 that I had with me and ordered me to call my family in Australia. I called my sister Fardosi and asked her to transfer Dh17,000 to the account of ASH’s brother in Bangladesh.

“At 9pm they took me to Sharjah’s Rola area. There they beat me up when I tried to seek help from the public. After ensuring that the money has been transferred, they made me sign on a letter saying  that I owe ASH 370,000 Bangladesh taka or Dh16,000. Then they released me,” FSM testified.

Qedratulmawla, 40, testified that on January 21, he received a call from his friend FSM. “He was calling for help. He said he will be killed if he does not pay Dh20,000 and then the call was disconnected.  I called back but my calls were not answered. I called later and someone answered. I told him that the money is ready and he asked me to hand it over in Abu Dhabi in Al Musaffah.

“The next day I went there and informed the police. Later, I received a call from the victim telling me that he had been released and is in Sharjah,” he testified.

Police arrested the first of the accused who lead them to the rest. ASH confessed that he had been asking FSM to pay him money and when he delayed, he decided to take the law into his hands.

ASH confessed to luring the victim to the labour camp, confining and threatening to kill him to force him to pay the money, testified Corporal Khamis Abdul Rahim.

The court will reconvene on July 15.

Image by

  • Twitter
  • submit to reddit
comments powered by Disqus

Most Popular


Emirates 24|7

Happiness Meter Icon