Girl dies of drug overdose during night with boyfriend in hotel
A woman died after swallowing an overdose of a drug during a night she spent with her boyfriend in a hotel apartment, the Dubai Criminal Court heard.
When he appeared before the Court, SMS, 22, Emirati, who was with the woman in the hotel apartment, denied taking drugs and told the jury presided by Judge Maher Salama Al Mahdi that he met the woman two years ago on a street in Jumeirah.
“We became friends and we used to meet in different hotel apartments. My girlfriend entered the bathroom where she slipped on the floor and sustained a minor wound in her right knee. Then we had some food, energy drink and water. We then talked about different matters before sleeping.
“The next day morning, I noticed that she had difficulty in breathing when tried to wake her up, so I called for an ambulance. But it seems she died before the arrival of the ambulance,” he said.
“Moving there on August 27, 2012, we found out that the woman was dead. There were some drug tablets in the room,” testified Lieutenant Hamdan Zayed.
Another police officer who was rushed to the scene testified that the accused was in a normal condition and was conscious of his words.
“There were no traces of violence in the room. A small blood stain on the victim’s dress and bruises on her knee were found. The accused justified that saying that she had fallen in the bathroom the night before,” he testified.
Forensic reported that the minor injuries on the deceased’s body were not the cause of her death. The main cause of the woman’s death was respiratory failure due to an overdose of the drug Tramadol.
SMS, whose urine tested positive to hashish and Tramadol, is being prosecuted for taking drugs.
The Court will reconvene on February 13.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.