Infant dies as drunk staff takes off oxygen mask

The eastern Indian metropolis of Kolkata has witnessed twin tragedies in as many weeks. In yet another horrific incident, a one-month old child died in a state-run hospital after a drunken employee removed the oxygen mask.

Calcutta Medical College Hospital is a well-known medical institute in Kolkata. The police officials have refused to file a complaint yet. However, the hospital authorities have agreed to investigate if the man who withdrew the oxygen mask was drunk.

The authorities also admitted that they take on sub-staff when they face resource constraints.

Earlier, about 90 patients choked to death when a private hospital in the city, AMRI, was engulfed in smoke from basement fire. The second tragedy struck last week when toxic liquor left almost an entire village full of widows.

Also Read:

Victim set to marry rapist... 
 

Crime file: Wife kills husband, chops up body, dumps in bin 

 

Print Email