Haiti calls off search and rescue operation
The United Nations says Haiti's government has declared the search and rescue phase for survivors of the earthquake over, saying there is little hope of finding more people alive 10 days after quake.
The UN statement comes a day after a man was pulled out of the debris of a two-storey home and relatives said an elderly woman had been rescued.
However, UN spokeswoman Elisabeth Byrs said the Haiti government's decision to this effect on Friday afternoon did not mean the rescue teams still searching for survivors would be stopped from carrying out whatever work they felt necessary.
Keep up with the latest business news from the region with the Emirates Business 24|7 daily newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter, please click here.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.