10 things Shahid Kapoor fans need to know about his wedding
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor is officially losing his bachelor tag tomorrow (July 7) and is tying the knot with Mira Rajput in Delhi.
His marriage news made headlines sometime in February immediately after his secret engagement ceremony on January 14.
Shahid's fans must be curiously waiting for more details about this huh-hush affair.
As Shahid and Mira get ready to say 'I do', here's a low-down on all you need to know:
1. Shahid and Mira are getting married at the bride's home in Chattarpur with only close family and friends in attendance.
2. The venue for the dinner is The Grand Ballroom, Oberoi Gurgaon between 7pm to 10pm. Some 500 guests have been invited.
3. The wedding feast is apparently going to consist of vegetarian fare, in keeping with the Radha Soami principles. Guests at the reception, however, will be able to load their plates with non-vegetarian delicacies. Among other goodies, these personalized chocolate bars have been created for the wedding by Delhi-based bakery Smitten.
4. Pre-wedding ceremonies (mehendi and sangeet) will reportedly be held at the Trident today (July 6).
5. A reception will reportedly be held in Mumbai on July 12, for which there will be a separate invite designed by Ravish Kapoor.
6. Shahid Kapoor's tight work schedule prevented him from hosting a bachelor's bash. Mira's bridal shower-cum-bachelorette-party had taken place at her home in Delhi. Shahid was a part of the festivities.
7. Wedding card was designed by Ravish Kapoor of Delhi. The turquoise and cream invite followed Shahid's brief of 'elegant yet simple' and included hand-crafted tea and honey. Shahid personally picked everything - the colours, the gifts, the peacock logo.
8. Shahid's wedding wardrobe has been designed by Kunal Rawal and he will be seen wearing a lot of bandhgalas, achkans, sherwanis and churidars at his wedding festivities.
9. Mira's wedding trousseau will be designed by Anamika Khanna. Designer Masaba Gupta will also be styling Shahid and his gorgeous bride-to-be.
10. Parents Pankaj Kapoor and Supriya Pathak have reached Delhi on Sunday. On Monday Shahid landed in Delhi dressed in a cool polka-dotted purple shirt and casual denims. The actor seemed super chill leaving the city for his wedding celebrations.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.