- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:25 06:43 12:11 15:09 17:32 18:50
Two workers died and one was admitted to the intensive care unit of a Sharjah hospital after they inhaled toxic gases while cleaning an oil tank.
The central operations room of Sharjah Police received a call on Tuesday evening that four people were stuck inside the oil tank belonging to a major company.
The police rushed to the scene with teams from civil defence, rescue patrols and ambulances to rescue the people. They found a 34-year-old Egyptian and a 27-year-old Pakistani dead inside the oil tank. Two workers managed to climb out of the oil tank. One was admitted to the ICU in critical condition while the other was discharged after treatment.
Initial investigation results showed that the workers went into the oil tank to clean it without taking necessary safety measures, leading to the death of two workers by inhaling toxic gases and vapours. The injured worker is in Kuwaiti Hospital in Sharjah.
Sharjah Police appealed to businessmen and community members to take precautions when dealing with toxic gases in all its forms because dangerous gases could cause death.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.