Sisters most important: 'Burning stove' hero [video] - Emirates24|7

Sisters most important: 'Burning stove' hero [video]

Image

Latest:  A 10-year-old Saudi boy who saved his sisters' life by carrying a burning stove into the bathroom and putting out the blaze said he had risked his life because his sisters’ life is priority for him, according to a local newspaper.

"I saw the fire coming out of the stove and I thought of doing something.

"My hands caught fire but I carried the stove and rushed to the bathroom.

"My sisters and my niece are the most important to me," Rayan Al Balwi said in a YouTube film.

The film, published by 'Ajel' newspaper, showed the boy still in hospital suffering from burns in the face and other parts of his body.

He thanked Minister of National Guards Prince Mutab bin Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz for offering him SR100,000 (Dh100,000) for his bravery and ordering free treatment of him.

"I would like to say thank you Prince Mutab for treating me. I say it again and again… thank you," he said.

Earlier report

A Saudi prince decided to give SR100,000 (Dh100,000) to a 10-year-old boy who sacrificed his life to save his sisters by carrying a burning stove with his bare hands and stopping the fire from spreading to the house.

Newspapers said Minister of National Guards Prince Mutab bin Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz ordered the award for the boy after learning of his brave act.

They quoted the child’s elder brother Hatim Al Balwi as saying the Prince called him to inform him of the award and ensure his brother is treated at any hospital.

The incident occured on Thursday, when Rayan Al Balwi filled the stove with kerosene and lit it in the absence of his parents and elders brothers.

The stove caught fire and threatened their house where the boy, his sisters and the maid were trying to warm themselves during a cold wave in the Gulf Kingdom.

“Realising the danger, the boy lifted the burning stove and dumped it in the toilet, where he and the maid poured water until the fire was extinguished,” 'Sada' Arabic language daily said in a report from the southwestern town of Qurayyat.

A 10-year-old Saudi boy endured the pain of carrying a burning stove to save his family from a possible house fire, after the stove caught fire when they tried to put it on.

The boy has just filled the stove with kerosene and lit it when it caught fire and threatened their house where he, his sisters and the maid were trying to warm themselves during a cold wave in the Gulf Kingdom.

“Realising the danger, the boy lifted the burning stove and dumped it in the toilet, where he and the maid poured water until the fire was extinguished,” ‘Sabq’ Arabic language daily said in a report from the southwestern town of Qurayyat.

“The boy suffered from burns all over his body and was rushed to hospital.

“He was later visited by the director of the civil defence and many residents to applaud his bravery which saved the house, his sisters and the maid.”

Comments

Comments