When wife comes home early...

Russia: In a weird turn of events, two men witnessed a woman escaping from their neighbour's bedroom window. They were a little baffled as the red-headed woman was unknown to them and they knew that their neighbours were a married couple.

Thinking that she might be a thief, the couple took a video of the woman escaping through the window, falling on the ground and making away from the home.

Later, they realised that the escaping woman was the married husband's mistress who was present in the house while the wife was away.

It was only when the wife arrived home unannounced, that the mistress made her escape through the bedroom window.

The man thought that he had escaped getting caught red-handed by his wife, but the neighbour uploaded the video on YouTube for the entire world to see how the man was two-timing his wife.

World's most horrifying ad ever

BRITAIN: St John Ambulance has launched a bone-chilling video to urge people to learn basic first aid and save lives.

In the shocking campaign, a father is shown beating cancer only to choke to death at a barbeque party, reports Daily Mirror.

The video has been aired recently in front of millions shortly after 9pm during Downtown Abbey's ad break. It is one of the most expensive slots on prime time British television.

The 6- second clip shows the heartbreaking story of a young man being diagnosed cancer, going through chaemotherapy, losing hair and hope and bidding goodbye to family. But miraculously, he survives cancer and attends a barbeque party to celebrate his successful battle against cancer.

He then chokes on a piece of meat during the celebrations and gasps for brath as everyone looks at him helplessly and he dies for lack of emergency aid.

The daily says: "The St John Ambulance campaign comes on the back of alarming figures which show that 140,000 people a year die in situations where first aid could have helped – the same number as those who succumb to cancer."
Man dies with $200 in bank, $7m in gold

US: A Carson City, Nev., recluse whose body was found in his home at least a month after he died left only $200 in his bank account.
But as Walter Samaszko Jr.'s house was being cleared for sale, officials made a surprise discovery: gold bars and coins valued at $7 million.
"Nobody had any clue he was hoarding the gold," Carson City Clerk-Recorder Alan Glover told the Las Vegas Sun, adding it was found stored in boxes in the house and garage.
The 69-year-old Samaszko was found dead in his home in late June after neighbors called authorities. He had been dead of heart problems for at least a month, according to the coroner.
He had lived in the house since the 1960s, and his mother lived with him until her death in 1992.
He left no will and had no apparent close relatives. But using a list of those who attended the mother's funeral, Glover's office tracked down Arlene Magdanz, a first cousin in San Rafael, Calif., the Sun reported.
A recording said her phone number had been disconnected.
"Our goal is to get the most money for the heir," Glover said.
The gold coins had been minted as early as the 1840s in such countries as Mexico, England, Austria and South Africa, he said.
Based on just the weight of the gold alone, Glover estimates their worth at $7 million. Because some of the coins appear to be collector's items, the value could go much higher, he said.
Neighbors told authorities they knew little about Samaszko other than he was quiet and not a problem.
Samaszko was "anti-government," Carson City's Nevada Appeal reported, and a few conspiracy theory books were found in the home along with several guns.
"He never went to a doctor," Glover told the newspaper. "He was obsessed with getting diseases from shots."
Samaszko also had stock accounts of more than $165,000 and another $12,000 in cash at the house.
Glover said he wants to start selling off the gold as soon as possible. The IRS wants a share of the total, he said, and the case is relatively simple other than the agency's involvement.
"At least you don't have 12 relatives fighting," Glover told the Appeal. (AP)
Mother drives son to commit suicide

US: An US woman whose 16-year-old son committed suicide in July is accused of driving him to take his own life because he lived in constant fear her drug addiction would lead her to a fatal overdose, court documents state.

Sabrina A. Howard, 40, was arrested Monday on preliminary charges of causing suicide and neglect in the death of her son, who died of an overdose of prescription medication. She has not yet been formally charged but was being held without bond Tuesday.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Howard found her son, Charles, unresponsive on a couch in their home on July 10. He died the next day, and his death was ruled a suicide attributed to high levels of prescription medications.

 Relatives told police that Howard was a morphine addict and her son "was in great duress" from confronting her over her addiction and his fear that she might overdose, the affidavit says. Charles Howard threatened to kill himself in January, the affidavit states, but Howard told officers she ignored medical advice to sign him into a treatment center because he "didn't want to go."

Indiana has had a causing suicide law on the books since 1976, but it has been used rarely, if at all.

Fran Lee Watson, an Indiana University law professor, said she can't recall any prosecutions for causing suicide in her more than 30 years of practicing law in Indiana.

As written, the law applies to "a person who intentionally causes another human being, by force, duress, or deception, to commit suicide." Watson said that means prosecutors would have to prove Howard intentionally caused her son's death.

"They have to show that by duress she intended to bring about his suicide as opposed to failing to get him medical care when she should have reasonably assumed that he had ingested her medication," Watson said. "That's what intentionally means under Indiana law - that her intent was to bring about a specific result."

Similar charges have been rejected by courts over the last decade. In 2006, the Connecticut Supreme Court overturned the conviction of a Connecticut woman who prosecutors said kept such a messy home that it endangered her 12-year-old son's safety and mental health. The boy, Daniel Scruggs, killed himself in 2002, and the case sparked a national debate over what responsibility a parent holds for a child's suicide.

The court in the Scruggs case found prosecutors couldn't identify objective standards to determine when a messy house becomes a risk to a child's mental health.

In Howard's case, prosecutors may still be weighing whether to proceed with the causing suicide charge, Watson said.

Messages left for the prosecutor weren't immediately returned Tuesday. Jail records listed no attorney for Howard.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Howard told officers on July 10 that she thought her son had taken her pills - including 30 Xanax and 26 Lortabs - when she found him on the couch.

In an interview with police days later, she said confronted her son about 8:30 a.m. on July 10 about drugs that were missing. She said he denied taking them but she suspected otherwise because he had slow speech and was "groggy acting."

"Sabrina even told Charles that what he consumed could kill him," the affidavit says.

But Howard allegedly did not seek medical help for her son. She told police she instead checked on him periodically during the day as he slept on a couch to make sure "he was still breathing."

Howard called emergency services about eight hours later, at 4:45 p.m., after she checked on Charles and found him not breathing and with a grayish/white skin color.

According to the affidavit, Howard told officers that she was a former intravenous morphine abuser. But officers said in the document they noticed what appeared to be "fresh track marks on her left wrist/hand area" and relatives told them "she is still using."

A relative who answered the telephone Tuesday at Howard's parents' home said the family has been devastated by the charges and did not want to speak to media.

Stephanie McFarland, a spokesman for Indiana's Department of Child Services, said the agency had contact with Howard's family "recently." But she said she could not comment further because of state and federal confidentiality laws. (AP)