Kean faces no let-up in Blackburn protest
Blackburn fans warned manager Steve Kean on Wednesday that he can expect to face intensified demands for his dismissal despite last week's win over Manchester United.
A hardcore of Rovers supporters have been demanding the axing of Kean as well as the removal of Indian-based owners Venky's since the start of the season, but called a truce for the final two home games of 2011.
However protest organisers Glen Mullan and Simon Littler said in a statement Wednesday that a renewal of protests was in the pipeline.
"The aim of the protests, as from the start, will be about the removal of Steve Kean as first-team manager, Venky's as owners of the club and now the removal of the board of directors," the statment said.
"The intensity of the protest will increase substantially.
"As Blackburn Rovers fans we have no choice but to try to ensure we preserve the legacy left by the late Jack Walker.
"While we appreciate that this era is in the past, the failure by Venky's and the current board of directors to build on his legacy leaves fans with very little if anything to cling on to."
Kean has been subjected to months of abuse by fans at Ewood Park, which has been condemned by several fellow managers and the League Managers Association as "unacceptable" and "well beyond the mark".
Blackburn are rooted in the relegation zone, one place off the bottom with only 14 points from 20 games.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.