A mini-crisis is brewing at Stamford Bridge despite Chelsea skipper John Terry having been cleared of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand by a London court on Friday.
The English Football Association has resumed its investigation into October's west London derby which was suspended when the police probe began.
Terry was stripped of the England captaincy over the case and could face a lengthy ban similar to the one Liverpool's Luis Suarez faced after the FA found him guilty of racially abusing Manhcester United defender Patrice Evra.
The case has polarised opinion within the game, black players talking of meeting to discuss forming their own breakaway federation to deal with race issues and discrimination, according to The Sun.
There is also the possibility many black players will refuse to shake Terry’s hand before the start of Premier League games, it added.
Ferdinand’s brother Rio became embroiled in his own ‘race slur’ row concerning Chelsea’s Ashley Cole, a defence witness for Terry.
When Rio received a message on Twitter condemning Cole as a ‘choc ice’ and a ‘sell-out’, he laughed and replied "choc ice that’s a classic hahahaha".
Furious Chelsea fans and other football supporters confronted Ferdinand on the social media site and accused him of potentially racist behaviour, The Sun reported.
But Blues fans will be even more disappointed at the lack of transfer activity since the Roberto Di Matteo was confirmed as the manager.
Lille playmaker Eden Hazard and Marko Marin have been the only major signings during the close season.
Despite Chelsea's apparent interest in Porto striker Hulk and Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, the European champions have failed in their efforts to lure the duo.
Hulk continues to be linked with a move to Chelsea, but there have been no talks.
The Brazil international has hinted that the time may be right for him to take on a new challenge, but he is adamant that he has held no discussions with any potential suitors.
Hulk told Lancenet: "I have four more years on my contract with Porto, and I'm focusing on the national team (ahead of the 2012 Olympics).
"I haven't talked to anyone. As everyone knows, I don't follow negotiations closely as that will make me lose my focus. I let my agent deal with that stuff."
Porto also insist they have received no official approach for the 25-year-old striker.
"What is certain and can't be denied is that so far there have been no offers for Hulk," president Pinto da Costa told RTP.
"There have been talks regarding other players, but not those mentioned in the papers."
Modric seems to be headed to Real Madrid within the next 48 hours, The Sun reported.
Spurs want a hefty fee and possibly a player in part-exchange for the Croatian midfielder, 26.
Chelsea's £40 million bid for Modric was turned down last summer by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.
Despite showing interest in Modric, Blues have yet to make a definitive offer this time round.