QPR clinched promotion to the English Premier League with a 2-0 win against Watford on Saturday.
Neil Warnock’s side returned to the top-flight after a 15-year absence, and secured the Championship title in the process, thanks to second half goals from Adel Taarabt and Tommy Smith at Vicarage Road.
But QPR now face a nervous wait for the results of a disciplinary hearing due to be held next week over allegations they breached rules on third-party ownership.
A report in The Sun newspaper on Friday quoting an unnamed FA source said the club could be docked 15 points in connection with the signing of Argentinian midfielder Alejandro Faurlin.
A 15-point penalty would leave QPR having to secure promotion all over again via the play-offs.
Earlier Saturday the FA distanced itself from The Sun report, insisting that no decision had been taken.
“The FA clarifies that no comment has been made regarding charges against QPR,” an FA statement said.
“Any alleged FA source is not speaking on behalf of The FA and The FA’s policy remains not to comment on the charges, evidence or potential range of sanctions before the outcome of a disciplinary hearing.”
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.