Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry members’ exports and re-exports in 2011 achieved the highest figures in its history.
It is also an indicator that the trade sector is once again the frontrunner of Dubai’s economic growth.
The Annual Report 2011 released by Dubai Chamber on Sunday indicates that the total value of its members’ exports and re-exports last year was Dh246 billion which is
14.5 per cent higher compared to 2010.
This reflects the importance of trade in the economic growth of Dubai.
Also, the 2011 figures are higher than the peak during the economic boom of 2008 which was Dh213bn.
Monthly exports and re-exports peaked in May 2011 at Dh22.1bn, while February saw the dip at Dh17.6bn.
• Dh246 billion exports and re-exports represent 14.5% growth in over 2010 figures
• New markets explored for members in Brazil, Turkey, Ethiopia, Australia and Netherlands
• Dh133 million worth of goods benefit from Dubai Chamber’s ATA Carnet
• 25.6% increase in delegate numbers within the trade delegation visits to Dubai Chamber
• 8.5% increase in number of members
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.