- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 04:55 06:09 12:10 15:32 18:06 19:20
Close on the heels of Facebook announcing spectacular results, the social media giant has opened entries for the 2015 Facebook Awards.
As recently announced, advertising revenues of the world’s largest social media portal were $3.59 billion, up 53 per cent from the same quarter last year. Read: How Facebook cracked the cash code: Mobile ads up 99% in Q4
Now, regarding the 2015 Facebook Awards, this year’s competition is, for the first time, open on Instagram too, it announced.
The Facebook Awards (formerly the Facebook Studio Awards) honour exceptional creative work on Facebook (and now also on Instagram). The company says that thousands of campaigns entered into the awards in 2014, with representation from 80 countries.
Besides the name change and the addition of Instagram as a platform, the awards have also expanded into four new categories this year, Facebook announced in a blog post .
The post noted this year’s categories as follows:
• Integrated Campaign: Recognises excellence in telling a cohesive campaign story across multiple channels
• Craft: Recognises excellence in film, photography, copywriting, user experience and/or sequencing
• Social Technology (new): Recognizes the best technology integration or application built with Facebook
• Media Strategy (new): Recognises creative and effective use of media on Facebook using insights, data and targeting to inform strategy and drive business results
• Facebook for Good (new): Recognises excellence in campaigns created for charitable/non-profit organizations
• New Frontiers (new): Recognises excellence in campaigns for high-growth markets, including India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
Regarding Instagram campaigns, while historically the Facebook Awards have considered campaigns published on only the Facebook platform, this year it’ll also consider work on Instagram (under the Craft category), it noted.
How to submit
The Facebook Awards are open to campaigns that ran between February 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015. Original work can be in any language, but submissions must be in English. To submit a campaign for review and for more details on voting criteria and timing, users can visit the Facebook Awards website ].
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.