6.33 AM Tuesday, 5 December 2023
  • City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
  • Dubai 05:28 06:46 12:12 15:10 17:32 18:51
05 December 2023

Blackmailers kidnap Moroccan beautician

Blackmailers kidnapped a woman, stripped and filmed her and demanded seven million Moroccan dirhams in return for not posting her pictures on the Internet. (Shutterstock)

By Eman Al Baik

Nine people are accused of kidnapping and confining a Moroccan nail dresser, forcing her to strip and taking her nude pictures and blackmailing the victim’s brother to force him to pay seven million Moroccan dirhams (Dh2.59 million) in return for not publishing his sister’s pictures and videos, the Dubai Criminal Court heard.

WS, 27, hairdresser, GF, 23, and ZK, 24, all Moroccan women, in addition to TA, 30, Egyptian businessman, are accused of kidnapping LS from the street by pulling her into a car driven by the Egyptian. The three women blocked her movement and gagged her mouth.
The victim was driven to a building where they confined her in their flat. The women, together with three other women - FZ, 26, hairdresser, KG, 24, visitor, both Moroccan, and HZ, 30, Ethiopian maid, confined the victim in the flat and assaulted her.

 WS, the main accused, forced the victim to strip off all her clothes and took her nude pictures in different poses and also made a video on her mobile while forcing her to say indecent words.

WS blackmailed the victim and her brother KS to whom she sent pictures and video, asking them to pay seven million Moroccan dirhams  or else she would publish them on the Internet.
 The businessman is accused of threatening to kill the victim if she attempted to flee from his car, scream or draw public attention when she gets out of the car after arriving at their building.

Two other men --MG, 30, restaurant manager, and AS, 33, salesman -- are accused of planning and assisting the rest of the accused to commit the crime.
Nail dresser LS, 29, knews the five Moroccan women from her country, though she had not known the rest of the accused before the incident.

In August 2014, she arrived in the country on a work visa on the sponsorship of a salon based in Ras Al Khaimah which had a branch in Al Nahda area of Dubai.
She did not have any problem with workers. On September 19 at around 8pm, she went alone to shop from the area.

“After I finished shopping, I headed for the main road to take a taxi to Sharjah. Suddenly, a car stopped close to me and a man who was driving the car got of the car and came towards me while three women got out of the same car and pulled me in. I screamed for help. The women froze my movement and gagged my mouth with a scotch tape. When they reached a building, they removed the scotch tape and the man threatened to kill me if I tried to run  away or seek the public’s help and asked me to get off the car quietly,” said the victim.
The victim was confined by the man and three women in the flat. The main accused took her belongings and mobile phone.

The prime accused took her pictures and videos in the nude.

“I asked her what she wanted from me. She replied that she wants seven million Moroccan dirhams. She told me to ask my brother who works in Italy to pay the amount. After tearing off my passport, she made me call my brother from her mobile to ask him for the money.   She asked me to ask my brother to hand over the amount to her husband in Morocco,” said the victim.
When the brother threatened to call the police, the accused hung up the phone, forced the victim to strip and took her nude pictures and video.

She then sent the pictures and video to the victim’s brother and threatened to post them on the internet if he did not pay the money.

The accused made the other two men to enter the room when the victim was naked and she asked them to rape her.

As the victim going through her monthly period, they left her alone after locking the room.

An hour later, the rest of the accused tried to convince the victim to pay the amount to the main accused for getting released.
After a while, the women physically assaulted the victim under supervision of the prime accused.
The women confined her in the room until the next day. The women repeatedly assaulted her for three days before she was released on September 21.
During the three days, the brother of the victim, who was in Morocco, managed to persuade an acquaintance to call Dubai Police.
Police raided the flat and released the victim. Police arrested the nine accused involved in the crime.
The court will reconvene on January 19.

Image by www.shutterstock.com