Maid pours acid on child in Sharjah
A three-year-old Arab boy suffered from burns on the face and other parts of his body after the housemaid poured acid on him at his home in Sharjah.
The mother said she found her son, Amouri, screaming in pain after the maid poured acid on him and tried to force him to swallow it.
She told a Court of Appeals in Sharjah that the maid deliberately poured acid on her son and that some of his burns would not be cured.
She said that the maid has worked for her family for four years and that she was departing the UAE in the same month when the incident occurred.
“She tried to force him to drink acid but his resistance foiled her plan,” the mother told court, adding that the incident occurred when she and other family members were in the back garden.
“He is subject to intensive medical treatment and some burns will not be cured as the acid appears to have reached his bones,” she said.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.