I want to be executed: Father who tortured daughter to death


An Emirati man who tortured his eight-year-old daughter to death urged court to sentence him to death, saying he was very sorry for what he had done and wanted to commit a suicide, a newspaper reported on Monday.

Hamad Saud, 27, acknowledged he and his girl friend had beaten up and tortured his daughter, Wadima, but that he had not expected her to die. He said he got a big shock when he found that the girl was dead.

“I tried many times to wake her up but she was not moving…I woke up her younger sister Mira and started to scream many times…I was screaming unconsciously ‘Wadima is dead….Wadima is dead….’…,” he said in a telephone interview from jail with Dubai-based Emirat Alyoum Arabic language daily.

“I was in a state of shock…I wanted to call the police but I could not…I wanted to leave my daughter in the apartment but my partner said we have to bury her because there will be stench by time and the body will be discovered…we then went to that area and buried her…I regretted what I have done and could not stop weeping at her grave…I then went into a state of depression and thought many times of committing a suicide….I just want to be executed as soon as possible so I will get rid of my daily suffering.”

Reacting to the crime, Hamad’s father has demanded the execution of his son for murdering Wadima by systematic beating and torture with a hot iron.

The father said he and all his family have disowned  Hamad for murdering his daughter with the assistance of his girl friend under the influence of alcohol and drugs before shaving her head off and burying her in the desert.

“It is a heinous crime…..they tortured my granddaughter with a hot iron and forced her to eat her own waste and discharge….they had also beaten her up regularly before death…..we can not forgive him and insist on his execution and the death of his girl friend who helped him in this ugly crime,” he told the Dubai-based Emirat Alyoum Arabic language daily.

Emirat Alyoum said Wadima was buried by her family on Sunday three months after the murder after receiving permission from the prosecutor. It said the victim’s mother was absent from the funeral, adding that the younger sister who had been brought up by her grandmother for a period of time had been handed to her mother who demanded custody.

“I last saw Wadima nearly six months ago…he looked much older than her age and I felt that she was hiding something,” her grand mother said.

“She was refusing to go with her father apparently because she feared that he would beat her up….she had been forced to do all household work despite her young age…when she had come to visit me, she was refusing to go out to play with other girls and instead she was doing household work as she was used to this…she had been clearly used by her father and his partner.”


Mother beheaded infant son and ate part of his brain

Woman stabs neighbour for 'defaming' her

‘Poisoned’ lover stabs ex-girlfriend over break-up