Rajan Bhagat, a spokesman for Delhi Police, says the three men fled on their way back from a routine medical checkup on Friday.
They had been convicted for two bomb blasts in June, 2000 near the Red Fort, a massive 17th-century sandstone palace built in New Delhi by the Muslim Mogul emperors who ruled much of India before the British arrived. Two people died in the blasts.
Bhagat said Sunday the men had already served their prison terms and were about to be deported to Pakistan.
Keep up with the latest business news from the region with the Emirates Business 24|7 daily newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter, please click here