- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:26 06:45 12:11 15:10 17:32 18:50
Dubai Criminal Court yesterday passed a number of sentences, mostly consisting of imprisonment followed by deportation.
- Asian NH, 24, was sentenced to two years in jail to be followed by deportation for robbing a grocery and attacking two policemen with a sharp weapon. He was also sentenced to one month in prison for holding a sharp weapon without licence.
- Arab woman HA, 33, an employee at a national bank, was sentenced to three months for taking over a credit card belonging to a client, AK, and stealing Dh99,000 from the customer's bank account.
- Asian nurse SL, 29, was sentenced to one year in jail to be followed by deportation for forging two salary certificates belonging to a government department to raise the limit of her credit card. She had secured Dh21,000 from a number of banks in the country.
- Two Asian defendants – BS, 43, lorry driver, and BA, 26, worker – were sentenced to three months in jail to be followed by deportation for stealing cables belonging to Dubai Metro project valued at Dh30,000. Asian defendants MS, 36, workers' supervisor, and MM, 42, were acquitted of criminal participation.
- Asian maid SK, 35, was sentenced to three months in jail to be followed by deportation for stealing Dh60,000 from her employer's home.
- Flight attendant FE, Argentinean, was acquitted of the charge of offering a bribe to a tester at a driving institute in Dubai to make her pass the test.
- The court also heard the case of Arab AA, 50, who is accused of molesting TW and kissing her forcibly at a sport hall belonging to an international hotel. The defendant attended yesterday's session and admitted the charge. But he said he was trying to calm down TW as she was angry. The court adjourned the case to January 19 to give verdict.
- The court also heard the case of Asian AH, an employee at Dubai Airport Free Zone, for stealing a mobile phone belonging to Omar Ahmed.
The case also includes defendant's wife ML, 33, who is accused of possessing the stolen mobile phone.
The court adjourned the case to January 19 to give verdict. The first defendant will be kept in jail, while the second defendant was reminded to attended the next session.
Keep up with the latest business news from the region with the Emirates Business 24|7 daily newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter, please click here.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.