- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:23 06:36 12:34 15:53 18:25 19:39
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has performed a complete review of the Salik toll system before waiving fines accrued to violators, and introducing state-of-the-art technologies to manage fines and payments more efficiently.
According to Mattar Al Tayer, RTA Chairman and CEO: “The RTA has an updated and integrated system to monitor the fines before issuing them to violating subscribers. A special system for complaints has also been introduced. These new procedures reflect the transparency of the RTA in dealing with the public.”
New features of the system will provide additional facilities to subscribers:
- Motorists can now check the validity of their fines by visiting the licence registration centres of the RTA at Al Barsha, Al Qusais and Deira.
- The RTA will provide motorists two working days before imposing a fine, to allow them more time to recharge their accounts or subscribe to Salik.
- The RTA is also undertaking a multi-lingual campaign to highlight the features of Salik and to give an overview of how to subscribe to Salik.
Under Salik, introduced by the RTA in July, 2006, motorists have to pay Dh4 each time they pass through a toll gate. A fine of Dh100 is levied on those passing through a toll gate without a Salik tag, while having insufficient credit attracts a fine of Dh50.
This fine will be waived if the credit is replenished within two days.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.