- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:31 06:49 12:14 15:11 17:33 18:52
Twenty-two books published in 1970 and not considered for the Booker Prize because of a reorganisation of the rules could finally win the prestigious literary award 40 years on, organisers said yesterday.
The list of candidates includes several winners of the Booker Prize, now called the Man Booker Prize, including Iris Murdoch for A Fairly Honourable Defeat and JG Farrell for Troubles.
A panel of three judges will decide on a shortlist of six novels to be announced in March, and the winner will be voted for via the Man Booker Prize's website.
- Brian Aldiss – The Hand Reared Boy
- HE Bates – A Little Of What You Fancy?
- Nina Bawden – The Birds On The Trees
- Melvyn Bragg – A Place In England
- Christy Brown – Down All The Days
- Len Deighton – Bomber
- JG Farrell – Troubles
- Elaine Feinstein – The Circle
- Shirley Hazzard – The Bay Of Noon
- Reginald Hill – A Clubbable Woman
- Susan Hill – I'm The King Of The Castle
- Francis King – A Domestic Animal
- Margaret Laurence – The Fire Dwellers
- David Lodge – Out Of The Shelter
- Iris Murdoch – A Fairly Honourable Defeat
- Shiva Naipaul – Fireflies
- Patrick O'Brian – Master and Commander
- Joe Orton – Head To Toe
- Mary Renault – Fire From Heaven
- Ruth Rendell – A Guilty Thing Surprised
- Muriel Spark – The Driver's Seat
- Patrick White – The Vivisector
Keep up with the latest business news from the region with the Emirates Business 24|7 daily newsletter. To subscribe to the newsletter, please click here.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.