Top five things to do this week
1. GItex Shopper. All roads lead to the Dubai Airport Expo throughout this week, with 25,000 technology gizmos on offer under one roof. Until October 24. For details log on to www.gitexshopperdubai.com
2. Who Could Have Imagined. Iranian artist Elham Moaidnia's latest works offer an insight into Iranian culture, with a trip into the fantasy world of Persian literature. At Showcase Gallery in Dubai. Call: +971 (0)4 348 8797
3. Legends of Lords. All 14 players of the 1983 Cricket World Cup winning Indian squad mark the 25th anniversary of the feat on Thursday at Altantis The Palm. Corporate tables from Dh10,000. Call: +971 (0)4 367 6699
4. Christina Aguilera. The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter makes her first visit to the region on Friday with a show at the Emirates Palace with support from American-Armenian act Taleen. Call: +971 (0)4 367 6699
5. Abu Dhabi Classics. This two-day festival features British actor Jeremy Irons, mezzo soprano Cecilia Bartoli (above) and a Wagner Gala by the Bayreuth Festival. Emirates Palace Auditorium. Call: +971 (0)2 690 9000
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.