Antonio Banderas: 'My heart attack wasn't serious' - Emirates24|7

Antonio Banderas: 'My heart attack wasn't serious'

Nicole Kimpel and Antonio Banderas (Instagram)

Antonio Banderas says he is fine after a heart attack in January and it wasn't as serious as it sounds.

The 56-year-old actor was rushed to St. Peter's Hospital in Surrey outside of London when he suffered chest pains while exercising earlier this year and although it was found to be a heart attack, Antonio insists it wasn't as serious as it sounds.

He said: "I suffered a heart attack on January 26 but it wasn't serious and hasn't caused any damaged."

TMZ reports that he later underwent surgery at a Swiss clinic, which left three stents in his arteries, but Antonio added: "it hasn't been as dramatic as some have written".

The 'Mask of Zorro' actor's health scare came as he was exercising in his home in Surrey, when he started to feel "chest pains".

He later said he had experienced an "episode" and thanked the medics for their care.

A spokesperson for St Peter's Hospital confirmed the 'Desperado' actor was later discharged after being kept in their care for observation.

Previously, the Hollywood star - whose 19-year marriage to actress Melanie Griffith ended in 2015 - revealed how much he loves living in his mansion in leafy Surrey.

He shared: "This house gives me the simplicity and freedom I need in my life at the moment.

"I find Surrey completely magical. I am not a party person anymore, so I have the space and peace to write and really get inside my own head - I am working on several of my own scripts.

"I go cycling in the woods and everyone in Cobham, Weybridge and Esther is incredibly friendly. Above all I am surrounded by nature. I love watching the deer and foxes that come to my g

Comments

Comments