Liz Taylor 'greatly improved' after heart scare
Film legend Elizabeth Taylor continues to show "great improvement" but will remain hospitalized for the time being after being admitted for a heart scare last week, her spokeswoman said Friday.
The 78-year-old actress was hospitalized at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, suffering from "symptoms caused by congestive heart failure, an ongoing condition," her publicist announced last Friday.
On Tuesday the spokeswoman said Taylor was "comfortable" and improving steadily, while Friday's update was even more upbeat.
"Elizabeth Taylor has continued to show great improvement, and her family and friends are very pleased with her progress. She will continue to remain at Cedars-Sinai for monitoring for the time being," she said in a statement.
Taylor's health has been the subject of intense speculation in recent years. In 1997, she underwent surgery to have a brain tumor removed and she appeared on US television in 2006 to deny rumors she had Alzheimer's disease.
In July 2008, she was hospitalized in Los Angeles but her spokesman denied reports that she was close to death and had been placed on life support.
In 2009, she underwent heart surgery to repair a "leaky valve," tweeting afterwards: "It's like having a brand new ticker."
Her publicist said this week that Taylor was receiving the best medical treatment possible.
"Friends and fans around the world should be reassured that Elizabeth Taylor is in good hands and receiving the best possible care from her skilled and dedicated doctors and nurses," she said.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.