Al Warqa Emirati sword attack: No testimony yet


Fahd Al Kaabi, one of the two Emiratis who survived the sword attack in Al Warqa, but who is the victim of ‘incendiary materials’ that were thrown, has suffered serious burns and deformities, including a change in his speech.

Quoting Mohammed Misbah Al Kaabi, Fahd’s brother, ‘Al Bayan’ says the victim is battling injuries to his right, back and neck, eye, ear and stomach .

According to the report the doctors have confirmed the inability of Fahd to use his left eye, as well as damage to the skin on face and neck. The police have yet to take Fahd’s testimony in the case.
Gang sword attack on 3 Emiratis; funeral instead of wedding for son

A 25-year-old Emirati, identified as Adnan Abdul Majid, was stabbed to death with swords and knives in the Al Warqa’a area, Emarat Al Youm reported.

The man, who is an employee of a government department in Dubai, was with two other friends when five young men attacked them and stabbed him to death. The two friends are seriously injured and admitted in a hospital's intensive care unit (ICU).

The two victims who were injured also suffered burns on their faces and bodies as a result of the liquid sprayed on them. The victims have been identified as Ahmed Ali Murad and Fahd Al Kaabi.

Al Ittihad quoted eye witnesses as saying at least 11 men aged between 17 and 25 years were involved in the score-settling scuffle before the arrival of police.

Funeral instead of wedding

The deceased's father, Abdul Majid Abdul Rahman, said his son was preparing for his wedding in May and added that he believes that one of the accused just got out of jail a week ago.

A Dubai Police source said that the crime occurred at 1am and was a result of old conflicts.

He added that the deceased suffered serious injuries and died while he was being rushed to the hospital in a private car.

He said that four persons have been arrested.

The father of the deceased told Emarat Al Youm  that his son was visiting his bride-to-be and while returning home was attacked and killed.


“We were preparing for his wedding, but now we buried him,” he said.

He claimed his son was working with Dubai Customs for nearly three years and is not a troublemaker and has a good reputation among his colleagues.

He said: “We have children and raise them and they should bury us.”

The uncle of the victim said the culprits trapped him by calling him for reconciliation.

According to witnesses, the perpetrators did not offer an opportunity for any conversation and just attacked them.

Dubai Police chief thanks Sharjah

Major-General Khamis Mattar Al Mazeina, Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police, has commended the efforts of the General Directorate of Sharjah Police and its fruitful cooperation which resulted in the swift arrest of four people wanted in connection with the murder of an Emirati man and injuring his companions in the Al Warqa area.

The Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police said that after police received a tip about a brawl that broke out in Al Warqa, a response team was immediately dispatched and discovered a young man who has succumbed to stab wounds, and three others injured.

Al Mazeina added that police were able to track and arrest the four young perpetrators in Sharjah, who were in possession of the weapons used in the attack.

Investigations into the incident revealed that the attack and murder were triggered by a previous disagreement between the those involved.


Print Email