- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:31 06:45 12:35 15:51 18:20 19:34
Apple on Thursday announced a recall of 12 years' worth of wall plug adapters it sold outside the United States, warning of the risk of electric shock.
The recall was sparked by the danger of the two-prong AC wall plug adapters breaking and shocking people who touch them, the California-based technology giant said in an online post.
Apple said that it was aware of 12 incidents worldwide involving the adapters.
The units targeted in the recall were designed for use in Argentina, Brazil, much of Europe, New Zealand and South Korea.
They were sold with Mac computers, Apple mobile gadgets and in an Apple World Travel Adapter Kit between 2003 and 2015.
Apple did not specify the number of adapters at issue, but it could be high given the 12-year span and the popularity of the company's devices.
People were advised to stop using the adapters and bring them to an Apple shop for replacement.
The recall did not affect Apple power adapters tailored for Canada, China, Hong Kong, Japan, Britain or the United States, according to the company.
Details about which adapters are involved and how to replace them were posted online at apple.com/support/ac-wallplug-adapter.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.