Burning coal kills Indian in Kuwait while asleep
An Indian worker lit charcoal in his room to fight the biting night cold in the oil-rich desert Gulf emirate. When he felt warm, he went to bed but never woke up again.
Worried colleagues smashed their way into the man’s room in Kuwait City after he failed to answer their knocks on the door in the morning.
“They found him motionless and quickly phoned the police, who came and took the body to the coroner,” the Arabic language daily Al Watan said.
It said an initial forensic report showed the worker died of asphyxia due to the inhalation of carbon monoxide after he left the coal stove in his locked room.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.