Two Arabs locked the windows of their car in Ajman and started to inhale lighters gas for intoxication before one of them decided to lit a cigarette.
The Arab was apparently too intoxicated to realise the car was already filled with gas. When he pressed the lighter and sent that spark to his cigarette, the car exploded.
Panicking residents whose houses were shaken by the explosion phoned the police and ambulance.
The two were taken to hospital with injuries.
“They confessed that they were inhaling gas and one of them tried to light a cigarette,” the Arabic language daily Emarat Al Youm said.
I was unconscious when I had heroin: man tells court
An Arab man facing charges of having heroin that caused him to faint told court in Abu Dhabi that he was already unconscious when he had the drugs.
The man was arrested by police who found him almost unconscious and tests showed he had heroin, newspapers said.
“In court, he denied the charges that he had heroin which caused him to faint,” the Arabic language daily Al Khaleej said.
“He told court that he was already unconscious when he had a sample of heroin and asked court to acquit him. He said he had no idea about the heroin sample and how it entered his body.”
The paper said the judge set a session for sentence on January 20.
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.