- City Fajr Shuruq Duhr Asr Magrib Isha
- Dubai 05:29 06:43 12:35 15:51 18:21 19:35
Dragon Mart is gearing up to welcome in the Chinese New Year with a two-week line-up of entertainment and activities, starting on Thursday (26 January) with a spectacular firework display and an array of live shows.
Some of China’s most well-known and talented performers have been flown in for the festivities, which include everything from Kung Fu to calligraphy and face-changing to fortune telling.
Dubai is currently home to around 200,000 Chinese people, with 50,000 living at International City, adjacent to Dragon Mart. Dragon Mart itself, the world’s largest Chinese trading hub outside China, has more than 4,500 shops and restaurants run by nearly 1,800 Chinese traders.
Dragon Mart’s full line up of activities to ring in the Year of the Rooster includes firework displays at 8pm on Thursday 26 and Friday 27 January, plus live shows daily until Wednesday 8 February. Entertainment begins at 4pm.
• Kung Fu by Songshan Shaolin Monk Kung Fu Group
• Lion Dance by China Guangzhou Lion Dance Group
• Ballet on Shoulder acrobatics from participants in China’s Got Talent
• Face-changing shows
• Roaming entertainment
Follow Emirates 24|7 on Google News.