Dubai residents are reporting severe waterlogging across several areas of the emirate, even as some are reporting power cuts due to the weather.
Areas that were affected around 11am include:
- Sheikh Zayed Road, southbound, in front of Danube Metro Station. Residents report waterlogging, with levels rising several inches, resulting in traffic in the area.
- Jebel Ali Industrial areas; an eyewitness reported heavy rainfall in Industrial area 1 have made some roads inaccessible. Surrounding areas are also affected.
- One Jebel Ali resident reported water levels rose a foot inside his building, while another stated the false ceiling in his office has collapsed due to the heavy rains.
Pics by Vikas Sareen
- Dubai Sports City and the IMPZ areas are also reporting waterlogging.
- Power cuts are reported by several residents in the Jumeirah Parks area.
- Entry and exits in Jumeirah Lakes Towers and Discovery Gardens are reporting slow moving traffic due to waterlogging.
- Several schools across Dubai are announcing closures following the weather conditions. Parents are being advised to contact their child’s school for updates.
Video courtesy Sunny Mehta
Abu Dhabi Areas
In the capital, the Ministry of Interior has confirmed high water levels under the Al Taweela bridge has prompted them to divert traffic to Dubai over the bridge.
Visibility decreased on Abu Dhabi - Dubai highway due to heavy rain. Motorists should be more cautious.
Traffic has stopped on Sheikh Maktoum Bin Rashid both directions, at Al Samha region due to heavy rain.
Waterlogging reported in Ghantoot
Sharjah Police has confirmed the road to Wadi Halu has been closed to traffic because of heavy rainfall and flashflood warning.